Poker landscape has a variety of players and you may come across some of the most bizarre variety in your poker career. One of the varieties consists of players who are maniacal while betting. Don’t confuse this lot with skilled but aggressive players. These players are not skilled enough but like to bet recklessly as apparently they believe, taking unusual risks is the key to success in poker. Thus, as a skilled poker player, sometimes it becomes a bit difficult to gauge the moves of such players because their moves are rarely supported with game skills or logic. So what should you do in such cases? Read below to unfathom the complexities of such players:
1) Play the game, simple: when you are playing with such maniacal players, it’s not wise to play very strategic. It is because such players don’t abide by or usually fall for strategies. They bet recklessly and leave the game in the hands of the lady luck. Thus your trial of deceiving them might be completely useless. You can gauge the felt and decide on when to become aggressive as a player. Aggressive playing helps you a lot of times while facing such opponents. If you receive a premium hand, don’t be afraid to play your heart out because in a felt with such players, usually the best hand wins the pot during showdown.
But be careful at all times because such games usually end, declaring some random unexpected pair of cards as the winner.
2) Let the maniacs lead: the maniacal players in context are not only non-predictive but also very shrewd. You might fail to understand their mindset during the game, but they diligently keep on trying to comprehend you and your moves. Also, most of the times, they are successful and take up a more confusing style of aggressive playing to hassle your mind. In such situations, just let them lead. If they get a hint that you have superior cards than theirs, they would control their betting or might fold, leading to a very mediocre win for you. In case of premium hands, just control you call and raise to get more money accumulated in the pot which you would ship later during showdown.
3) Buy-in short: while battling against such players, it is best that you buy in short. Too much bank-roll would result into a temptation to bet unnecessarily and you might end up losing all your money. When you have a limited stack, you play tight, extracting maximum amount from your opponents for the pot. By keeping a lower bankroll at the beginning, you might not end up with huge fortune but atleast you would be assured that you won’t end up losing a lot of your money.
4) Don’t give in to temptation: imagine that you have managed to win a huge fortune while playing poker. You have a big stack to spare for another hand but are doubtful whether you would be able to multiply or even get back the amount invested at the end. In those cases, opt for walk out. It really becomes very difficult to win while playing with maniacal players and if you have managed a huge fortune by playing against them, do not risk your earning because of over-confidence and mere temptation of winning more. Just remember, it is more graceful to leave the hand at the right moment after winning a big fortune than investing all your earning, with doubt in your mind about even more returns, after you have managed to hit the jackpot once.
Vanessa Selbst is a revered poker celebrity who has 1had a magnificent poker career all throughout. Interestingly, after her retirement from poker, she chose trade market investment as her new profession which in turn is a hint towards the possibility of poker players being comparatively more skillful while investing money in the stock market.
Aaron Brown, author of “the poker face of wall street” firmly believes that the game of poker and the trends of stock market have a lot of similarities. Brown drew this inference from his own experience – he has been a poker player all his life. Also, trade market was his profession for 30 years. From his 30 year stock market career, he felt that there is a lot of similarity between poker and stock market.
Since both the fields are under the influence of probability to quite an extent, here we are to draw a parallelism between trade market and the game of poker:
Taking risk is the first step: successful poker players and great stock market traders know it very well that risk is the stepping stone to success in their field. On one hand they know, any moment, they can face huge losses but on the other hand they also know that it can also be recovered in the same way. The most successful poker players and investors know what it feels like to take a serious risk, and they don’t let it rattle them too much. Maybe they’ve even “pushed the rent money into the middle of the table,” Brown says.
Both poker players and traders should be observant to the trends that led to their win. Taking those patterns as reference, maestros of both the field secure their profit.
Analyzing the pattern: traders and poker players are subjected to two different scenarios while analyzing patterns. A poker player analyzes his opponents from the change in his or her body language, the pattern of betting and various other factors. But to be a good trader, you need to do extensive reading and research on the previous market trends to save your money from being wasted. Early wins are a result of the correct impromptu decision whereas profits at large come from extension research and updated knowledge of the market.
Team work: unlike poker, trading is a team work. You cannot earn well from the stock market without partnership and team work. But in poker, your win is your credit. Thus, this habit of working solo sometimes results into repulsiveness towards team work, in case of poker players. This brings their downfall while investing in stock market.
The third edition of 1 CRORE Guaranteed The MoneyMaker comes to an end, declaring Priyadarshi Rajnish as the winner, who walked away with the winner's prize money of 30 LAC. After him, it is Manish Jain, who has secured the position of the first runner-up, bagging prize money amounting to 20 LAC.
The MoneyMaker is India's first 1 CRORE prize money online poker tournament! Poker is not a very favoured game in India up till now (things are visibly changing with time though), unveiling an online tournament of this high value was really a big move on the part of PokerBaazi.com. But, Indian poker enthusiasts have shown their utmost support through their extremely high participation from every corner of India.
Since the very first edition, The MoneyMaker has been a very successful online poker tourney and now, the third edition has attracted an excellent field of 734 unique entrants and 430 re-entries taking the prize pool to 1,16,40000. The excitement of this huge tourney was in the air long before the D-Day. PokerBaazi.com, which always prioritizes the Baazigars above all, had rolled out regular satellites and promotions to make the ticket to the MoneyMaker easily available for all, especially the Baazigars. The initial buy-in for this mammoth event was INR 11000.
The felt wasn’t very easy. All the entrants gave a tough fight to each other to bag the winner’s title. One of the most memorable hands was right before the heads-up battle between Rajnish and Manish. “PaperBoat” and “pottysingh” were dealt with 10d, As; and 6h,5h, respectively. The hand was a significant one and “pottysingh” lost almost all his chips to the eventual Rank 1, “paperboat”. The board flipped 3h Js 9h 3d 9c. “PaperBoat” called a massive bet with an A-high on the river and destroyed what would otherwise have proved to be a brilliant bluff!!
In all, the players securing the first 82 positions came in the money.
Here’s the top 5 results:
Place Players Prize Money
1 Priyadarshi ‘PaperBoat’ Rajnish 30 LAC
2 Manish ‘youngistan’ Jain 20 LAC
3 Anirban ‘pottysingh’ Das 10.76 LAC
4 Wilson ‘kalingkaling’ Yomso 7.85 LAC
5 Shashwat ‘shash26’ Agarwal 5.23 LAC
Hearty congratulations to the warriors who have fought the felt rightfully and used their skills to snatch away their well-deserved titles. Pokerbaazi.com is very pleased to have made the experience of The MoneyMaker, a treat for all the poker enthusiasts. At the end of the tourney, the CEO of Pokerbaazi.com, Navkiran Singh said, “I heartily congratulate the winners of the tourney. Also, my best wishes go to every player who participated in the event. It gives me immense pleasure to sense so much dedicated support from players across the country. PokerBaazi was, is and would continue working to provide poker with its much-deserved pedestal in the face of Indian Sports. Thank you all for making this event a grand success.”
The gaming world has undergone mammoth changes. Till the 90s, games meant physical involvement. We, as 90s kids, played hide and seek, football, ludo, carom, chess and other indoor and outdoor games for recreation. But with the advancement in digitalization and the advent of internet, games have changed their definition. Also, the busy schedule of people nowadays bars them from involving into the traditional games. In this age, the biggest perk of playing games online is getting relaxation within the short leisure period. Enumerated below are few reasons why playing online games is the best option we have in this era-
1) You decide your time: Playing games at dusk is old fashioned now. During that part of the day, students are usually at the tuition centers and adult gamers are busy with their office and other engagements. So making time for a specific involvement and at a specific time is next to impossible. But for online gaming, you don’t have to make any adjustments to your schedule. You decide your own gaming time and play accordingly. Be it early morning or late in the night, the online gaming portals are always there for you to provide you with your much deserved relaxation.
2) Accessibility: Gone are the days when you needed a specific venue for games. Earlier, outdoor games required an open field and indoor games required a room. Now, all games just require your PC, laptop or smartphone supported with an active internet connection. You can access the game you desire from any part of the world on your smart gadget and you are good to go. Obviously, internet connection is a must. Games like soccer, carom, ludo, poker , are all available on the internet on different gaming portals. Apps, providing you with a large variety of gaming experiences, are also available for your smartphone access. Any time is perfect as your gaming time!
3) Economical: Most of the times, the online games are free to access. You can play the game you desire, from across the globe and that too without paying a single penny! Yes, there are also such games which charge you for registration but the charge is very nominal as compared to the gaming experience provided to you. Also, there are web portals like PokerBaazi.com where you can not only play but also earn money. Need i say anything more about online games being economical?
4) Connect with gamers from around the world: Although Facebook is one of the best platforms for socializing with people around the globe, but, trust me on this, online games also serve the purpose with great sincerity. You meet large number of people on gaming portals who have similar interest as yours and get to learn new things about your favourite game. E.g- if you are a poker enthusiast and play online poker on Pokerbaazi.com, you not only get the chance to interact with fellow gamers but also with poker celebrities from whom you can learn new things about the game of poker. cool, isn’t it? Learn while you play!
5) Earn money: Gaming portals like Pokerbaazi.com not only give you a memorable gaming experience but also you can earn a lot of money just by playing your favourite game. What can be better? You are doing your favourite activity and getting paid for it!
“Fake it till you make it”, this proverb is really significant while playing poker game as we all know the gala of unexpected ups and downs in the game. You might go through the flow of losing faith where you doubt each and every move, you might also go through unstoppable flair when you are damn sure of winning the game even before making any move. Uncontrolled ego and high confidence can be really valuable for you when playing poker. Let’s take a look at some of the advantages of legitimate ego:
Confidence and ego can be a good thing if you start associating your every move with learnings. It will deceive people into believing that you are already going to win the game, eventually dropping their confidence to the base. Play your best game and you will certainly earn money in poker game.