There are countless places to play poker in Las Vegas. Don’t settle for just any other poker room when there are so many others that you could actually frequent! This list is going to try to help you choose amongst the plethora of choices when it comes down to making the most of your time in Las Vegas!
· The Bellagio: there might not be a single person who will deny that the Bellagio is one of the most opulent hotels and casinos in the world and has one of the best poker rooms too. Other than the fact that it is common to spot big names in Poker like Daniel Negreanu and Jen Harman, it is also a one of its kind experience playing in ‘Bobby’s Room’. This room is specially made for extremely high rollers and was named after Bobby Baldwin. The Texas Hold’ Em Poker stakes start from $4/8! It’s that easy to start playing poker at such a huge casino!
· The Venetian: the poker room in this hotel is awesome too. The atmosphere at this place is difficult to get at every casino in Vegas. This poker room is famous for running ‘deep stack’ tournaments. Most of the 39 poker tables at this location play Texas Hold ‘Em poker too. The smallest stakes imitate the ones found at the Bellagio.
· Caesars: the poker room at Caesars is humongous and fun as well. There are separate rooms for tournaments, as well as automatic shufflers at the tables. There are stakes as small as $1/2 No Limit Hold ‘Em as well. In addition to this, there is a 14,000-square foot poker room in this hotel, making it one of the largest poker rooms in Las Vegas.
· Binions: A lot of people might not know this, but Binions is the birthplace of the World Series of Poker (WSOP). It has a lot of history and should be experienced at least once (especially if you are a huge fan of poker). The poker room here is covered with red wallpaper and has over 70 tables. There is a ‘feature table’ present as well, where the final of the daily tournament is held. The Limit Hold ‘Em starts at around $2/4 only.
· The Palms: this place is the home of the ‘Celebrity Poker Showdown’. This show has done a lot to increase the viewership of this very game (they treat it like a sport). There were poker celebrities like Phil Hellmuth, Phil Gordon, etc. There are only 10 tables available at this poker room though. The Palms’ poker room has a progressive bonus jackpot for winning certain hands such as straight flushes or four of a kind. This can really encourage people to raise the stakes and bet higher, always increasing the fun of playing poker.
There are many other poker rooms and casinos in Las Vegas! Even if you don’t get a chance to visit them all, visiting a few of the above-mentioned poker rooms will leave you a happier person. It is something you will never regret. After all, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!
Just how there is a set of guidelines to follow while playing live poker, the same holds for online poker as well. While there won't be miscues such as bending the cards or acting out of turn, one still needs to behave properly while playing from behind the computer screen. Every once in a while, someone will do something irksome in a game which might just leave you infuriated or vice versa. Thus, an online poker player needs to follow certain unwritten guidelines of decorum to help create a pleasant online atmosphere and have a smooth game. Let's take a look at some online poker etiquettes one needs to follow to help the game run as smoothly as possible-
1. Stay attentive
The software usually provides you with a good amount of time for you to act and you are supposed to take an action within that allocated amount of time. So try to only use the amount of time necessary before coming to a conclusion. Don't rush into making any decisions, but there are people who do not pay attention to the table at all and make the game really tedious and annoying for other players on the table.
2. Avoid Swearing completely
The online poker games have chat box which is useful for light discussions about poker and other things. However a lot of people, in the heat of the moment, use the chat box to abuse and threaten other players. Also, many people use the chat box to show-off their skills at poker and boast about how good poker players they are. This should all be avoided.
Always remember that you are dealing with real people and learn to draw a line. Make use of the chat box only to discuss the game or to have a little discussion. Nobody is interested in knowing how good you are at the game! Also, completely avoid passing any offensive or abusive remarks as no one will benefit from it. If you don't keep your language in control, the poker room moderators can easily throw you away from the game.
3. Don't be too slow
If you have guests at home or have to take care of your baby, avoid logging in. Distractions can make it really difficult for you to concentrate on the game and in turn disrupts the flow of the game, irking other players as well. A slow game takes away the fun from poker and can make it really boring and annoying.
4. Keep a good connection.
Imagine you are about to win a big pot and the internet disconnects! Frustrating, right? Having a good internet connection is a must if you are sitting down to play online poker. It is not just beneficial to you, but also to the rest of the players on the table. It can be really frustrating for others on the table, who are forced to keep waiting while you try to reconnect in the middle of the hands. Most poker room software provides you with an option to set amount of time to try and reconnect to finish off the hand. However, if you use this time on a regular basis, you are hindering the pace of the game and making it really slow for everyone else in the game.
5. Say No to Collusion
Collusion is strictly forbidden in the game and is considered highly unsportsmanlike. Collusion is basically when two or more players sit on the same table and share information about their hands and use this plotting to cheat others in the game. Collusion is one of the biggest problems with online poker and it is something very difficult to deal with. Thus, you yourself should be fair in the game and should not indulge in any such misconducts.
Traveling to Macau just to win money in a live poker game? Think again. Macau is not just about poker and casinos. The food here is absolutely delicious as well. The city has a plethora of must-try foods, some of which are so good that they’re considered ‘cuisine signatures’. Isn’t it amazing that a place that is home to casinos and is labelled as ‘the Las Vegas of Asia’ also has so many great places to eat? Here is a list of the different cuisines and the variety of places at which they are available:
· Portuguese Food Cravings: Due to Macau being a Portuguese colony, there are a number of Portuguese dishes available all around the city. The best place to try the Portuguese seafood rice is at the Temptations Restaurant, found at Starworld Macau Hotel. This dish is made with lovely soupy rice that is in a stew along with the seafood of your choice. It is absolutely divine and cannot go un-tasted! The Portuguese egg tarts are undoubtedly Macau’s most famous food! It’s like a cake with a sweet egg custard filling and can be tasted at Lord Stow’s or at the Grand Hyatt!
· Take-Out Food: Casa dos Grelhados is a grill house that is famous for its pork lard (grilled in a Portuguese or Filipino style, to offer you the best flavors). The pork has taste and look of thickly cut bacon and is served with warm bread and a spicy home-made chili sauce.
· Serve Those Dessert Cravings: One of Macau’s best desserts is ‘Serradura’. It is served as a chilled pudding in a delicious semi-freddo style or as a simple ice cream. It is also served as a layered dessert made of sweet biscuits combined with cream, condensed milk and vanilla. The best version is found at a snack vendor called Gelatina Mok Yi Kei. Black garlic chocolate is another dessert-like food that should be tried if you’re in Macau. It is often referred to as a super food because of its antioxidant content! So move over feeling guilty after consuming this dessert! At McPherson’s Sweet’s Shoppe, two pieces of delightful dark chocolate are made to sandwich a rich black garlic ganache, or if you want to be more adventurous, there is an option of replacing the ganache with black garlic ice cream!
· Fine Dine Right Here: Treat yourself and your loved ones at a 3-starred Michelin restaurant Robuchon au Dome. The Mashed potatoes found in this restaurant have been stated as their delicacy. It is absurd to think of such a simple dish being named the delicacy of a fine-dining restaurant, but all their customers seem to swear by it because of how delicious it is!
· Dim-Sum Yourself: For all the lovers of Chinese food, do not be disappointed, Macau will treat you very well! Yum Cha is a restaurant dedicated to dim sum. The egg cognee is the best dish on their menu and you should definitely not skip this place in Macau. Other dishes that you can devour at Yum Cha include shrimp rice roll, Siew Mai (pork dumplings), etc.
If you are a poker player, be it a casino poker player or an online player, there are certain "Poker etiquette rules" that you are supposed to follow. They are a series of generally accepted rules that govern how a player should behave while playing the game. However, there is a distinction between the etiquette rules in casino poker and in a home game. There are some protocols and procedures that one needs to understand before sitting down to play. So here are some important poker etiquette rules-
Be present in the game
It is important for every player to stay attentive in the game. If a player does not stay heedful, the game may slow down as the player won't know what's going on in the game. In order to stay focused on the game, avoid unnecessary conversation that will distract you, and you will be able to make decisions in a timely manner.
Treat everybody present in a respectable way
As a player, you must make sure to treat your dealer and table mates with respect. Avoid using language that may be offensive to others. Try being as courteous and polite as you can. If you face an ugly beat, do not blame or berate your table mates or dealer as it's not their fault for those bad hands. Consider losing a part of the game and handle it with sportsman spirit.
Organize your chip stack
Having an organized chip stack has a number of benefits. To begin with, it makes betting simpler and helps you know the value of each column of chips in your stack. It also helps the dealer to figure out how much is going in the middle if you shove your stack. The competitors are also able to decide how to play a hand because they understand how big your stack is, which is only fair to your opponents. Keeping this in mind, put your biggest chips separate from your stack to avoid confusing your dealers or opponents into thinking you're the short stack at the table.
Don't ask to have a peep into someone else's cards
Don't ask to see someone else's cards, even if you are allowed to see someone's mucked cards. It is considered a bad etiquette to ask to see your opponents cards under any circumstances.
Keep your limbs to yourself
You may feel really tempted to help someone count their chips in order to accelerate the process, but you need to understand that touching another player's chips or cards is considered highly inappropriate. Always understand that a dealer or any other person on the floor is there to help those who need assistance.
Keep finger foods away from the table
If you're at the poker table and feel like grabbing a bite, make sure to order something you need to use a fork or spoon to eat. If you order, say finger-food, the bits and pieces of it will scatter all over the table and cards, making both the table and cards dirty and greasy which may make others on the table uncomfortable.
You are what you eat. No amount of denying or lying is going to help you get that out of the way. Poker is a game that requires your utmost concentration and attention. It is important to understand that the act of thinking and focusing is a biochemical procedure. The cells in your brain require neurotransmitter chemicals to duplicate pathways and facilitate efficient communication between the cells in your body. Acetylcholine, Dopamine, and Serotonin are the three most basic neurotransmitters that exist in your body. The nutritional consumption of the supposed ‘brain food’ that is going to be mentioned in this article promotes the production of these important neurotransmitters, and the outcome will be having increased focus, concentration, and amazing memory-related skills.
Fish: Fatty fish, in particular, is an amazing source of Omega 3. Omega 3 is a fatty acid that helps to promote the improvement of cellular building blocks. Consumption of this type of fatty fish can help produce all three of the necessary neurotransmitters, therefore increasing concentration, helping you focus better on the cards you have and help you take better, more accurate decisions whilst playing your hand at Poker.
Bananas: Bananas are some of the best brain foods available to you. This is because they are high in Vitamin B, particularly Vitamin B6! Vitamin B6 helps the body produce neurotransmitters like serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine. A lack of this vital vitamin can cause confusion, irritability as well as depression. These are not qualities you want or require, especially whilst playing a tough game of poker, where the most amount of your focus is needed. Other than bananas, hazelnuts, spinach, potatoes, whole grains also provide a good source of Vitamin B6.
Whole Grains: Other than the fact that whole grains are filled with Vitamin B, magnesium and iron, they are also an amazing source of glucose – which is your body’s most significant source of energy for proper physical and mental functioning. Unlike other processed and refined foods, whole grains haven’t been refined to the part where important components like fiber and protein have been lost. They help regulate your blood sugar too. Carbohydrates are good for you, contrary to popular belief. You need a minimum of 50 grams of carbohydrates a day to support the proper functioning of your brain and other vital organs in your body.
Green Tea: Green tea has won multiple awards (especially amongst social circles) about being the healthiest hot drink around town. It contains antioxidants that help you detox and also helps you improve your memory and concentration levels!
Avocados: Avocados are the healthiest fruits you can consume! These green powerhouses are filled with mono-saturated fats or the ‘good’ kind of fats that keep your blood sugar in check and help your skin to glow! It contains great amounts of Vitamin K and folate, which helps prevent blood clots in the brain and help improve cognitive function, especially help in improving your memory and powers of concentration. Avocados have the highest protein and lowest sugar content as compared to any other fruit! Rejoice!
Blueberries: These are the fruits that contain the most amount of antioxidants known to man, including vitamin C and vitamin K as well as fiber. Blueberries also consist of Gallic acid and thus are capable of protecting your brain from degeneration or stress.
Broccoli: Why do our parents always force us to consume broccoli? It is because it is one of the best foods for your brain available. It has a great content of vitamin K and choline, which has proven to keep your memory sharp for longer duration's of time. Just one cup of broccoli has over 150% of your daily vitamin C requirement. It has dietary fiber as well, this is why it is so important for you, especially whilst you play poker, to keep your mood stable, and be able to focus. Vitamin C helps with all of that.
Dark Chocolate: How did this make it to the list? Dark chocolate is actually good for you because it is filled with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It can surprisingly help lower your blood pressure and improve blood flow to your brain and heart, two things important to be noted whilst playing poker.
These healthy foods above that have been mentioned are vital for you as a poker player and more importantly to lead a truly healthy life!