With increasing chill in the air the in the last few days of winter, warm yourself up by participating in the PokerBaazi Premier League. February is hosting the onset edition of the League – PPL Spring Edition. The Spring Edition has already started at 2 pm and the felt is witnessing a lot of participation from players around the Indian Landscape. The Edition guarantees a prize pool amounting over 4.1 crore! Also, the Main Event alone would feature 1 crore GTD event.
The main attractions of the edition are:
1) YOU CAN WIN LEADERBOAD PRIZES WORTH 10 LACS
2) THE MAIN EVENT FEATURES 1 CRORE GTD
3) 50 LAC GTD HIGH ROLLER TOURNAMENT
4) 25 LAC GTD PLO HIGHROLLER TOURNAMENT
5) DAILY SATELLITES WHERE YOU CAN WIN A PPL PACKAGE JUST IN RS. 99
The 1st event of the Edition has started at 2 pm featuring 1.5 LAC GTD allowing re-entry and add-ons. Other events would follow for the day. There are 6 events each, in total, throughout the 7 days. Let me elaborate about the major events throughout the week:
1) Day 1: Day can boast about THE BIG 15 LAC which guarantees a prize pool of 15 LAC allowing re-entries. The initial buy-in is 5000+500. The event starts sharp at 8 pm today.
2) Day 2: Day 2 has THE ENDEAVOUR to its credit which guarantees 25 LAC GTD. The initial buy-in is 5000+500 and it also allows re-entry. This event starts on the Day 2 sharp at 8 pm.
3) Day 3: Day 3 has THE BIG 12 in store for us which guarantees 12 LAC GTD and is a freezeout tournament. The initial buy-in is 6000+600. 8 pm is the commencement time of the event on day 3.
4) Day 4: As we can see that with the passing days, the girth of the prime time events in increasing manifold, so Day 4 would not disappoint us by going against the trend. Day 4 would be featuring THE SUMMIT. The event guarantees 30 LAC GTD and is a monster stack 5 re-entries event. This event starts at 8 pm on Day 4 and requires an initial buy-in of 10000 +1000.
5) Day 5: As mentioned above in the list of main attraction, THE 50 LAC GTD HIGHROLLER EVENT is scheduled to be held on the Day 5. The initial buy-in is 25000 + 2500 and up to 5 re-entries are allowed. Put an alarm for 8 pm for this magnum opus on Day 5.
6) Day 6: Day 6 features the M.E WARM UP which boasts of 15 LAC GTD and allows up to 5 re-entries. The initial buy-in is 5000+500. The event is scheduled at 8 pm on Day 5.
7) Day 7: The Main Event on Day 7 features 1 crore Guaranteed Prize Pool! The winner is assured to win 25 LAC as cash prize. The event is open to re-entries and the minimum buy-in 15000+1500. Unlike the other days, the MAIN EVENT is scheduled to start at 6 pm on the final day of the Spring edition PPL.
Now that you know all about the titbits of the PPL Spring Edition, wait no longer to wear wings, smell freedom, embrace competition and take home the real worth of your talent
Tips For Poker Players-
People have varied opinions about how to play most strategically when you are competing opponents at the felt. But ironically strategies are not very well defined in the game of poker. An individual needs to use his presence of mind and act accordingly. But yes, there are few tips that work as life-saver at the felt. Though they sound very basic and insignificant, they support your strategies at the felt, ensuring that you sweep the pot at the end. All these tips that I am going to give you today are directly from the horse’s mouth. The top-notch poker players religiously abide by these and the results are before you through the live coverage of any on-going poker tournament. Following are the tips that you should embed in your mind for the rest of your poker career:
1) Avoid using alcohol or marijuana: Alcohol is very harmful while you are at your game. Alcohol consists of chemicals that tamper with your mental stability temporarily and take your senses away. Few people become too relaxed after drinking while others take up a lot of stress, both of which can affect your game in two different ways. Though some people claim that smoking up cannabis increases concentration manifold and gives clarity to your thoughts, but for most of the people it can work other way. So, if you are not into cannabis very much or are unsure about your physical repercussions after the intake of cannabis, avoid it to be on a safer side. Remember, fresh mind is hundred times better than an unsure, intoxicated and calm mind.
2) Do not be impulsive: sometimes, your gut feelings work wonders for your but most of the time, it’s your excitement that influences you under the garb of instincts. So, gauge well before you take a decision. Remember, it is no shame to avoid raise or re-raise and simply check and call at the felt. Realise that, the check and call act is a mandatory part of the game. Aggressive and impulsive players only lose a lot of money because such players get easily identified at the felt and opponents take advantage of the situation.
3) You mind should remain icy-cold at all times: Anger is Satan and ungodly. Any work gets totally ruined when anger grips over the doer. So keep your calm even if you find yourself low on stacks or very close to elimination. Take a break if you need to, get some fresh air, get clarity on your strategies, introspect your game and come back like a boss to win back all that you have lost. In case of the other way round, you will end up making yourself angrier because all this will lead to complete loss of money and as a result self confidence.
4) Eat carefully: people have different eating habits and all those who survive on junk mostly might not agree but they do feel a kind of restlessness after every heavy meal because the oil and fried doesn’t really digest fast. So, learn to eat healthy and light food that doesn’t require extra energy for digestion and keeps you full for longer periods. Remember, productivity decreases manifold when you are hungry.
5) Sleep well: it is very important that you sleep well right before you participate in any game. But sleeping well doesn’t mean over-sleeping because the latter usually keeps you drowsy throughout. Sleep for adequate hours to freshen up your mind and give your best performance at the felt.
These are the 5 tips that are followed by the majority of the successful poker players of the world. Develop these habits and see yourself climbing up the ladder of success in no time.
PokerBaazi.com is never tired and is always upto something or the other. It seems like the only ambition in its life is to provide the poker enthusiasts a magnificent felt which has the maximum to offer, especially in terms of rewards.
The month of February is loaded with opportunities- PokerBaazi Premier League, The Endeavour, The Summit, The Grinders Series etc. Out of these, the first series to adorn the felt is The Grinders Series, commencing on the 5th of February, 2018, stretching for a period of 7 days and proffering the Baazigars 35 tournaments to quench their thirst for poker.
The Grinders series guarantees a massive 32 LAC GTD and throughout the month you also have the opportunity to win leaderboard prizes. Let us break down the Grinders Series for you, day wise:
Day 1: the event starts at 3 pm and would feature 5 tourneys. Out of the 5, the most significant is the 1.5 Lac GTD re-buy tourney. The minimum buy-in for the event is 1000+100.
Day 2: Out of the 5 tourneys, 1.5 Lac GTD (turbo re-entry), has the most to offer Baazigars. The minimum buy-in for the tourney is 1000+100 and starts at 9 pm.
Day 3: the golden tourney for the day is 1.5 LAC GTD (6-max RE) and requires a minimum buy-in of 1000+100. In this tournament, only 6 re-entries are allowed. The tourney unfolds at9pm.
Day 4: this day also features 5 tourneys but the Small Ball HR 3 LAC GTD [RE] steals the show. This high roller event guarantees you a prize money of 3 LAC GTD. The minimum buy-in is 2000+200.
Day 5: this day also doesn’t disappoint the 9 pm prime time and features the 1.5 LAC GTD [Superstack RE] and guarantees a prize pool of 1.5 LAC. The initial buy-in is 1000+100.
Day 6: the main highlight of this day is 1.5 LAC GTD [Turbo RE] and requires an initial buy-in of 1000+100. Such tourneys are real opportunities for increasing small amounts, manifold. The tourney starts at 9 pm.
Day 7: the final day of the series has a mammoth tourney in store for all the Baazigars- 5 LAC GTD ME [RE]. the tourney guarantees a prize pool of 5 LAC and fetches an initial buy-in of 2000+200. The tourney starts at 8 pm sharp.
Above mentioned are the main highlights for the 5 days but don’t underestimate the 4 other tourneys proffered to you each day. For poker enthusiasts with less willingness of investing much, such tourneys are the best platforms to face competition and win, with nominal investment.
So, start marking the dates on the calendar because the Grinders Series is one of the opportunities that you ought to exploit.
PokerBaazi.com never shies away from doing something fabulous for the Baazigars. Every month India’s most trusted website brings huge opportunities for all the poker lovers. At the end of Jazzy Jan and beginning of Fab Feb, Pokerbaazi.com is back with its glorious poker tournament, the PokerBaazi Premier League, popularly known as PPL. PPL would have four different editions this year over the span of the year- spring, summer, autumn, and winter. All these editions would have a combined in store for the champion- a Harley Davidson and prize worth 25 LAC.
PokerBaazi Premier League Spring ’18: This edition will have a guaranteed prize pool of more than 4 crores. It should be noted that the Main Event would alone carry a prize guarantee of 1 crore. The main attractions of the edition are:
Apart from the PPL, February would also witness the "Fab Feb". Just like its predecessor, the "Jazzy Jan", participating in "Fab Feb" would also open doors of opportunity for you to earn huge. Pokerbaazi.com is also giving out leaderboard rewards, throughout the month.All leaderboard rewards would be in form of Baazi Coins instead of Real Cash Bonus. giving you the flexibility to use these coins as per your wish! then there are the Double or Nothing tournaments. The Double or Nothing tournaments come with half the rake and will have 2 daily leaderboards instead of a single monthly one-
VIP points entrants would have lots of freerolls and big freerolls based on the VIP points.
Superstition is an abstract noun which is both revered and laughed at by people. Some believe in them religiously while others mock both the beliefs and the believers. Affectivity of superstitions is an unknown theorem practically but believers do claim that these impact one’s life hugely. Like any other field, poker also has plenty of such beliefs. The following are some of the poker superstitions:
1) Aces and eights: though these two cards, separately, is considered to be quite a good beginning at the hand, the combination of both is considered to bring ill luck for the player possessing them as his whole cards. The combination is also known as “the Deadman’s cards”. This combination got stained because this was the combination that gun-slinging lawman, Wild Bill Hickok held it in his hands when he was murdered Deadwood, South Dakota at the Number Ten Saloon in 1876. The poker players vouch on the fact that this combination brings ill-luck.
2) Three sixes: this is a superstition strongly believed by players of the Christian cult and also those players who are inherently superstitious. The biblical reference to this combination is, 6-6-6 is an anti-Christ symbol. The combination is considered to be satanic and thus, a lot of poker players fold their cards if the flop-flips 6-6-6, unwilling to encourage Satan.
3) Pocket jacks: this superstition is a result of lack of skill. Technically, pockets jacks is a great hand to start a game with but using it in the correct way is not everyone’s cup of tea. Actually its quite difficult to exploit the combination and as a result, most of the players loose the game with pocket jacks as their whole cards. Thus, now most of the players consider this combination as ominous.
4) Wearing Red: Red is considered as the luckiest colour especially among the Asian players. So, the felt usually becomes a tomato field on the days of important events.
5) Dirty Clothes: many poker players believe that wearing dirty clothes to the felt attracts good luck. Some players keep their clothes intact after a win and then wear the same clothes to the next event and replicate the same moves with a belief that history would repeat itself.
6) Chipping Away: Counting chips during a game is considered to be ominous but the matter of the fact is, keeping a track of your chips while you are playing helps you manage your bankroll better.
Being superstitious is not good but it isn’t harmful either unless you are obsessed. Your beliefs and abiding by them during a game gives you a mental support and your comfort zone. But don’t let your superstitious beliefs affect your game. If at any moment you are not able to abide by such beliefs, keep your nerves. You have nurtured those beliefs, those beliefs didn’t nurture you. Rest is all good when you are winning at the felt.