Poker game is all about the excitements and etiquettes. Whether you play online or at a live tournament or at home, the manners remain same for the game. They are some of the common conventions needed to be followed by every poker player. Playing poker at home could be an emotional upfront as most of the time you are playing with your friends and family members. We bring you some of the do’s and don’ts of the poker game when playing at home.
- Honesty is the most important while playing poker at home. Always play with morality as you are playing with your friends or family members. You might win a game but with deceiving, you might lose friends.
- You should always act when it is your turn and not out of desperation as it will unfavorably distress the hand of another player. So, do remember to fold, call or bet only when it is your turn.
- Never leave the game unexpectedly and it is always appreciated if you let the people know in advance about your plans of leaving the game early.
- Try to play quickly and don’t overthink before making moves. Slow players irritate everyone and they might not invite you next time.
- Always be friendly when making moves without being whining about things.
- Do not shout, yell or misbehave when you lose the game. The way you behave after losing a game explains how experienced you are at playing poker. Always be a good loser and don’t end up insulting other players.
- Do not overjoyed or laugh at other players when you win the game. Be little matured when you win and try to keep calm. Better save your excitement when you reach home.
- Don’t give guidance to the player in the mid of the game. Other players might get annoyed with your pride.
- Don’t look at the hand of another player lest you have consent. Some players have strong reservation against looking at their hands.