From grabbing eyeballs in Big Boss to keeping her cool in a sexist interview, there is so much more to this ever-talented, gentle and humble human being:
• Job Choices: She was going to be a pediatric nurse prior to the age of 19 when she took a decision of joining the adult-film industry and now she is one of the most sought after actresses in Bollywood.
• Charitable Causes: Sunny Leone has associated herself with PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) and various other charities and NGOs. She has gone vegetarian and has championed the cause of adopting stray dogs in India instead of purchasing expensive pets, and for this, she was named PETA India’s Person of the Year, 2016. In addition to this, she funds an entire school in Mumbai constituting of over 300 students.
• Well-mannered and Gracious, always: Sunny Leone often comes under attack by various sexist and misogynistic elements in the Indian society. Bhupendra Chaubey’s interview with her in 2016 took a toll on Leone because of all his sexist remarks, but she didn’t lose her cool even for a minute and won the hearts and support of numerous Indians all over. The vivacious actor doesn’t let it get in her way, ever. She resorts to social media to thank her fans who always stand up for her and always insists on being positive. She is a gem of a person, indeed!
• Roots: A less known fact is that Sunny Leone was originally named Karenjit Kaur Vohra by her parents. She grew up in Ontario, Canada but was raised in a typical Punjabi family who loved watching Bollywood flicks and had strict parents. She leads a life just like all of us here in India.
• Penthouse Pet of the Month: Sunny Leone is the only South Asian Indian model to ever be featured in the Penthouse Pet of the Month issue in March 2001.
• Married to the man of her dreams: Daniel Webber is the man who is Sunny Leone’s significant other. They share a very tight bond. So tight, that no script is ever sent to Leone without her husband’s approval. She makes sure that her husband knows everything she is up to. She started dating him in 2009 and it's all been uphill ever since! Daniel and Sunny make a perfect couple because she always makes it a point to show her love and gratitude in the media and never resists or hesitates from making her love for him a public affair.
• Religion: Sunny Leone tries her best to maintain a link to her Sikh traditions. But she is unlikely to let go of her career due to religious purposes. She makes it a point to pray regularly and visits the temple often, too.
• Filmography in India: Sunny Leone has appeared in over 25 Bollywood films since her appearance on Big Boss in 2011. That’s pretty impressive because she is the first adult movie star to ever enter Bollywood and make it so big! History has been made!
• Sunny Leone is a Feminist, no Doubt: She has always encouraged women to fight for their rights and always be independent. In her opinion, women should not have to fall back on men, husbands or their boyfriends for support, they should stand up for themselves because nothing can be more empowering than that.
Well, thanks, Sunny, you are truly an amazing Baazigar, both inside and out.