PPL Spring’18: Day 4
The PokerBaazi Premier League Spring’18 Edition has crossed the half-way mark with the completion of Day 4 last night. Here are the updates from yesterday’s Events:
Event 19: 1.5L R+A
Day 4 kicked off with 1.5LAC guaranteed Rebuy/Add-on Event which attracted 117 entrants. Coming out on top of the field was ‘Hsupta’, who defeated ‘kngs’ heads up and took home INR 33,000 for his efforts.
Event 20: 3L Deepstack Turbo RE
The second event of the Day was the 3LAC guaranteed Deepstack Turbo event, which roped in 135 players. Heads up play saw ‘Killersam’ and ‘mafiamessi’ battling it out, and it was eventually ‘Killersam’ who came out on top scoring INR 63,000 for his win.
Event 21: 2L 6-max R+A
Event 21 was a 2LAC guaranteed 6-max Rebuy/Add-on event, and attracted a field of 111, utilizing a total of 241 rebuys. ‘ChubbyGhost’ continues to enjoy a successful PPL with a victory in this event, defeating ‘fish_calling’ heads up for a payday of INR 48,000.
Event 22: The BIG 5 Deepstack RE
Next up was a 5LAC guaranteed Deepstack event. It roped in 140 entries (and 105 re-entries) and saw one of the most exciting Final Tables. Young poker pros Nishant Sharma, Akshay Nasa and Manoj Pentakota were the last three players left in the event. It was eventually Nishant ‘nishant177’ Sharma who defeated Akshay ‘sherlock52’ Nasa heads up for the win and a prize amount of INR 1,05,000.
Event 23: The SUMMIT 30L Deepstack
This 30LAC guaranteed Deepstack event was the featured event of the day. INR 11,000 gave you a shot at the mammoth INR 5.9LAC top prize, and it was ‘Sara24’ who came out on top of the field of 219. Heads up play saw ‘Sara24’ defeat ‘praf11’ for the win. ‘MrRobot’, who is having a great PPL so far finished 3rd in the event, while PokerBaazi Team PRO Abhishek Panda finished 4th.
Event 24: PLO Highroller 25L (5RE)
The final event of the day was the much awaited PLO Highroller, with a guaranteed Prize pool of INR 25LAC. 125 players took part in the event, utilizing an additional 86 re-entries. It took nearly 7.5 hours to crown our winner – ‘sp175’, who defeated ‘callmenow’ heads up and took home a sweet INR 5.5LAC for his efforts. Second place was rewarded INR 4.1LAC.
Congratulations to all the Winners of Day 4.
We kick off Day 5 at 2:00 pm today, and Event #29 – a 50LAC Highroller event will be headlining the Day’s events.
The complete schedule of the PPL Spring’18 is available here: : https://www.pokerbaazi.com/ppl#ppl
Day 4 Leaderboard: https://www.pokerbaazi.com/ppl-leaderboard
Day 4 Fantasy League Leaderboard: https://www.pokerbaazi.com/ppl-fantasy-leaderboard
Good luck for Day 5 Baazigars!
Superstition is an abstract noun which is both revered and laughed at by people. Some believe in them religiously while others mock both the beliefs and the believers. Affectivity of superstitions is an unknown theorem practically but believers do claim that these impact one’s life hugely. Like any other field, poker also has plenty of such beliefs. The following are some of the poker superstitions:
1) Aces and eights: though these two cards, separately, is considered to be quite a good beginning at the hand, the combination of both is considered to bring ill luck for the player possessing them as his whole cards. The combination is also known as “the Deadman’s cards”. This combination got stained because this was the combination that gun-slinging lawman, Wild Bill Hickok held it in his hands when he was murdered Deadwood, South Dakota at the Number Ten Saloon in 1876. The poker players vouch on the fact that this combination brings ill-luck.
2) Three sixes: this is a superstition strongly believed by players of the Christian cult and also those players who are inherently superstitious. The biblical reference to this combination is, 6-6-6 is an anti-Christ symbol. The combination is considered to be satanic and thus, a lot of poker players fold their cards if the flop-flips 6-6-6, unwilling to encourage Satan.
3) Pocket jacks: this superstition is a result of lack of skill. Technically, pockets jacks is a great hand to start a game with but using it in the correct way is not everyone’s cup of tea. Actually its quite difficult to exploit the combination and as a result, most of the players loose the game with pocket jacks as their whole cards. Thus, now most of the players consider this combination as ominous.
4) Wearing Red: Red is considered as the luckiest colour especially among the Asian players. So, the felt usually becomes a tomato field on the days of important events.
5) Dirty Clothes: many poker players believe that wearing dirty clothes to the felt attracts good luck. Some players keep their clothes intact after a win and then wear the same clothes to the next event and replicate the same moves with a belief that history would repeat itself.
6) Chipping Away: Counting chips during a game is considered to be ominous but the matter of the fact is, keeping a track of your chips while you are playing helps you manage your bankroll better.
Being superstitious is not good but it isn’t harmful either unless you are obsessed. Your beliefs and abiding by them during a game gives you a mental support and your comfort zone. But don’t let your superstitious beliefs affect your game. If at any moment you are not able to abide by such beliefs, keep your nerves. You have nurtured those beliefs, those beliefs didn’t nurture you. Rest is all good when you are winning at the felt.
PokerBaazi.com never fails to give its players an intriguing time! So, after the success of the MoneyMaker, the portal introduces Hi Octane October. This month, join the action on PokerBaazi.com and stand a chance to win the massive prizes on offer.
Playing tournaments are fun, entertaining and at the same time an extremely competitive format of the game. After all, the poker landscape readily associates with exceptionally good and proficient poker players who represent India in some of the most prestigious tournaments scheduled globally.
Hi Octane October on PokerBaazi.com is the perfect promotion to learn, play, and win from an all-new range of tournaments. The promotion offers stellar rewards in the form of daily leaderboard races, monthly prizes, and a chance to win an iPhone X!
A new range of tournaments have been structured and scheduled to run through the month (1st of October till the 31st of October.) It will feature a Daily Leaderboard Race, where the winner will receive a bankroll of INR 20,000 every day. The player who tops the Leaderboard 5 days in a week will get an iPhone X. There are 3 such phones to be won. More details on the Hi Octane October promo can be found on the link below: https://www.pokerbaazi.com/promotions/leaderboard-rewards
Furthermore, the BIG Series with weekly Guarantees worth 28 LAC is here to increase your adrenaline rush! Win all 6 types of The Big tournaments in a month and win an extra INR 5 LAC!! Check the outlay from the following link: https://www.pokerbaazi.com/promotions/the-big
A unique tournament format to double your stack has also been lined up. The DOUBLE OR NOTHING tournament allows top half of the entrants get doubled up. The detailed structure can be glimpsed at https://www.pokerbaazi.com/promotions/double-or-nothing
Finally, Leaderboard prizes worth INR 10 Lac will be rewarded over the duration of the month, with a cool INR 1 Lac for first place and INR 50,000 to the three most valuable players during the course of this promotion.
Get your hands on action, you have a great chance to win big!
Playing poker drunk is an awful thing you can do to yourself and to your money. You might get thrilled to bits when you get high but losing your own money is just not funny. Try to avoid such adventure where you have to cost your own money and you will not be able to do anything about it in the next morning. Read on to know the other horrific consequences.
If somebody tells you that he/she won a lot of money in Nevada after getting drunk, then trust us this is the most common lie people make to influence others. There might be other reasons which can make you stop from playing poker drunk but this is the worst outcome one can face. Losing money can be the most painful especially during a financial crisis.
YOU CAN GO ON TILT
Tilt is already titled as a pathetic upshot even when playing sober. Going tilt when drunk can be the most hazardous aftereffects of playing poker games online. You will do a lot of senseless things and would have no control on hand ranges and hand reading.
YOU CAN BECOME A FISH
When playing drunk, you will be an easy target for poker players looking for fish to make profits. Alcohol will indeed impair your decision-making capabilities and you might play aggressively. No one will be there to stop you from bluffing on many turns and river.
YOU MAY END UP DOING A CRIME
There are many cases which have been reported when poker players have tried to steal money from their friends when they lose all money while playing online poker. You may end up committing a crime and can even get arrested. If you escape arrest, there are high chances you might lose a good friend.
YOU WILL LOOK LIKE A JERK NEXT DAY
After losing money or even friends in some cases, it will be a guilt for you to spend the next day. You may facade regret or depression which is hard to ignore as it can cost you your health too.
Stay away from the computer or lock yourself in a room, if you have to, but just don't play whilst you are drunk.