Tips For Poker Players-
People have varied opinions about how to play most strategically when you are competing opponents at the felt. But ironically strategies are not very well defined in the game of poker. An individual needs to use his presence of mind and act accordingly. But yes, there are few tips that work as life-saver at the felt. Though they sound very basic and insignificant, they support your strategies at the felt, ensuring that you sweep the pot at the end. All these tips that I am going to give you today are directly from the horse’s mouth. The top-notch poker players religiously abide by these and the results are before you through the live coverage of any on-going poker tournament. Following are the tips that you should embed in your mind for the rest of your poker career:
1) Avoid using alcohol or marijuana: Alcohol is very harmful while you are at your game. Alcohol consists of chemicals that tamper with your mental stability temporarily and take your senses away. Few people become too relaxed after drinking while others take up a lot of stress, both of which can affect your game in two different ways. Though some people claim that smoking up cannabis increases concentration manifold and gives clarity to your thoughts, but for most of the people it can work other way. So, if you are not into cannabis very much or are unsure about your physical repercussions after the intake of cannabis, avoid it to be on a safer side. Remember, fresh mind is hundred times better than an unsure, intoxicated and calm mind.
2) Do not be impulsive: sometimes, your gut feelings work wonders for your but most of the time, it’s your excitement that influences you under the garb of instincts. So, gauge well before you take a decision. Remember, it is no shame to avoid raise or re-raise and simply check and call at the felt. Realise that, the check and call act is a mandatory part of the game. Aggressive and impulsive players only lose a lot of money because such players get easily identified at the felt and opponents take advantage of the situation.
3) You mind should remain icy-cold at all times: Anger is Satan and ungodly. Any work gets totally ruined when anger grips over the doer. So keep your calm even if you find yourself low on stacks or very close to elimination. Take a break if you need to, get some fresh air, get clarity on your strategies, introspect your game and come back like a boss to win back all that you have lost. In case of the other way round, you will end up making yourself angrier because all this will lead to complete loss of money and as a result self confidence.
4) Eat carefully: people have different eating habits and all those who survive on junk mostly might not agree but they do feel a kind of restlessness after every heavy meal because the oil and fried doesn’t really digest fast. So, learn to eat healthy and light food that doesn’t require extra energy for digestion and keeps you full for longer periods. Remember, productivity decreases manifold when you are hungry.
5) Sleep well: it is very important that you sleep well right before you participate in any game. But sleeping well doesn’t mean over-sleeping because the latter usually keeps you drowsy throughout. Sleep for adequate hours to freshen up your mind and give your best performance at the felt.
These are the 5 tips that are followed by the majority of the successful poker players of the world. Develop these habits and see yourself climbing up the ladder of success in no time.
Poker landscape has a variety of players and you may come across some of the most bizarre variety in your poker career. One of the varieties consists of players who are maniacal while betting. Don’t confuse this lot with skilled but aggressive players. These players are not skilled enough but like to bet recklessly as apparently they believe, taking unusual risks is the key to success in poker. Thus, as a skilled poker player, sometimes it becomes a bit difficult to gauge the moves of such players because their moves are rarely supported with game skills or logic. So what should you do in such cases? Read below to unfathom the complexities of such players:
1) Play the game, simple: when you are playing with such maniacal players, it’s not wise to play very strategic. It is because such players don’t abide by or usually fall for strategies. They bet recklessly and leave the game in the hands of the lady luck. Thus your trial of deceiving them might be completely useless. You can gauge the felt and decide on when to become aggressive as a player. Aggressive playing helps you a lot of times while facing such opponents. If you receive a premium hand, don’t be afraid to play your heart out because in a felt with such players, usually the best hand wins the pot during showdown.
But be careful at all times because such games usually end, declaring some random unexpected pair of cards as the winner.
2) Let the maniacs lead: the maniacal players in context are not only non-predictive but also very shrewd. You might fail to understand their mindset during the game, but they diligently keep on trying to comprehend you and your moves. Also, most of the times, they are successful and take up a more confusing style of aggressive playing to hassle your mind. In such situations, just let them lead. If they get a hint that you have superior cards than theirs, they would control their betting or might fold, leading to a very mediocre win for you. In case of premium hands, just control you call and raise to get more money accumulated in the pot which you would ship later during showdown.
3) Buy-in short: while battling against such players, it is best that you buy in short. Too much bank-roll would result into a temptation to bet unnecessarily and you might end up losing all your money. When you have a limited stack, you play tight, extracting maximum amount from your opponents for the pot. By keeping a lower bankroll at the beginning, you might not end up with huge fortune but atleast you would be assured that you won’t end up losing a lot of your money.
4) Don’t give in to temptation: imagine that you have managed to win a huge fortune while playing poker. You have a big stack to spare for another hand but are doubtful whether you would be able to multiply or even get back the amount invested at the end. In those cases, opt for walk out. It really becomes very difficult to win while playing with maniacal players and if you have managed a huge fortune by playing against them, do not risk your earning because of over-confidence and mere temptation of winning more. Just remember, it is more graceful to leave the hand at the right moment after winning a big fortune than investing all your earning, with doubt in your mind about even more returns, after you have managed to hit the jackpot once.
Home poker games are famous among players looking for ease and excitement. The best part of a home poker game is that you do not have to travel all the way to casino clubs hiding from folks, plus you get to play with your friends and family members in your comfort zone. Playing poker in a casino can be tedious sometimes as you are required to play with much more solemnity while sitting next to unknown people. Without keeping your curio on hold, we bring you a few things to always remember before hosting a home poker game.
While a guest is eventually responsible for his/her behavior, it is up to the host the way he reflects the seriousness of the game. You should be able to communicate the motto of hosting the game well to all the players. Happy Hosting!!
Planning to play online poker for the first time? Well, PokerBaazi brings a quick guide to play poker easily and effectually for the first timers. Poker is an array of thrill, fun, joy, surprises and lot of excitement. If you haven’t played poker for a long time, then this guide is definitely for you to brush up all the tips and tricks used in the poker game. You can get sufficient knowledge on eminent poker tips, poker hand rankings, basic poker rules, bankroll management, variations, customer support etc.
We have compiled all the guidelines used to play a poker game on our site to help users enjoy and learn from their first experience. You can read all the basic rules of Texas Hold’em and Pot Limit Omaha. This is an experience which you are going to share with all your friends in the future. Whether you are playing for fun or to boost your ego, the goal would be to win the game pooled with fun.
You can play online Texas hold 'em poker India and Pot limit Omaha on our podium. You can read all the basic rules used in these games. Apart from that, we have also listed out various strategies used to get the best out of the game.
Poker Hand Rankings
We have covered all poker hands order, whether you are a beginner or a pro. The experience will indeed be a fete from our given compilation of hand rankings on our page.
Position and Bankroll Management
We know how important these two factors are to win the game. You cannot control the position but you can surely control your bankroll management and this is what makes you a winner. The position is also really significant in a Texas Hold’em than in Pot-limit.
We have concealed this section in a huge covenant and by that, we are really adamant about it. From tips for bankroll management to poker tips and tricks for beginners position, we have pronounced all important aspects. We have also briefed tips for poker beginners to not make you a dud in any saga.
Incase of any issues related to the game, you can get in touch with our 24*7 customer support. We will answer all your calls/emails instantly and will make sure that you get solutions on time.