The first word that comes to your mind when you think of Las Vegas is – POKER! It is a commonly known fact that most people don’t go to Las Vegas to satisfy their cravings for ‘wanderlust’ or to check this city as their ‘sightseeing goals’! But did you know that there are a number of things to do in Las Vegas that you wouldn’t do on a normal basis? Check it out here:
· Do Some Actual Sightseeing: So what if you’ve come to Las Vegas to blow up money? You must be fed up of doing that, or you could be broke or you just want to explore your horizons! Make a trip to visit the Grand Canyon. It is a 5-hour journey from the city, but you need to believe everything you read online – it is completely worth it! You are going to be witnessing something that is around 5-6 million years old! Who doesn’t want to see that? Another place of interest is the Hoover Dam (just 40 minutes away from Las Vegas), which is a modern marvel as it is the main source of power for Las Vegas. There are regular tours of the dam and it will not disappoint you!
· Casinos: No, this doesn’t mean gambling or dealing with poker or blackjack. The casinos in Las Vegas are a sight in itself. You could spend hours just admiring their beauty – and all for the price of NOTHING! Bellagio, New York New York, Aria, Venetian, Caesars, Paris, MGM are all amazing casinos where you can just walk around, click pictures and go crazy! Bellagio, enthrall its audience by having intricate, psychedelic ceiling designs as well as flower conservatories that are changed with the changing seasons. The famous water show happens in the man-made lake in front of the Bellagio and it is absolutely divine.
· If You’re an Adrenaline Junkie: You need to go the Stratosphere Las Vegas to experience some of the craziest rides ever. This structure is over 350 meters tall and is the tallest free-standing observation tower in the USA. Check out the rides ‘Big Shot’ (which is the 2nd highest thrill ride in the world!) and ‘X-Scream’ (the ride that makes you think you’re about to die at an altitude of 264 meters). Other roller coasters through casinos to check out are present at New York, Desperado, Canyon Blaster at Circus-Circus! There are other activities like bungee jumping and sky diving too. In short, every sort of adrenaline junkie would love to visit these rides in Las Vegas.
· Shows in Las Vegas: One of the many things that Las Vegas is famous for is its shows! Comedy, music, dance, magic shows, etc, everything is covered here in this beautiful city. Famous magicians like Chris Angel and David Blaine perform here so very often, Terry Fator, Celine Dion, acts on Michael Jackson and Elvis Presley, Carrot Top, Cher, Penn & Teller are just a few acts that keep the spirit of Vegas.
· Tourist Buses: If you’re completely drained and want to do nothing but still do something at the same time, “the Deuce” is what you’re looking for. It is a double decker bus that runs for 24 hours a day and will take you up and down the Las Vegas Strip. It is a subtle way of ‘people watching’.
There are so many things to do in Las Vegas that it would surprise you. Why not go try out some amazing restaurants while you’re at it as well? You never know, you might just enjoy the restaurants that have sprung up to please every one of the 40 million tourists that grace the city in a year!