“Fake it till you make it”, this proverb is really significant while playing poker game as we all know the gala of unexpected ups and downs in the game. You might go through the flow of losing faith where you doubt each and every move, you might also go through unstoppable flair when you are damn sure of winning the game even before making any move. Uncontrolled ego and high confidence can be really valuable for you when playing poker. Let’s take a look at some of the advantages of legitimate ego:
- It lets you play consistently without going on tilt and be contented during declines. It gives you an utter confidence of belief that you are better than all players.
- Boosted ego indeed scare other players, so you can easily make it your weapon to play against your opponents.
- You get this feeling of “I know I am better than you” and you play with the paramount confidence in your knacks.
- You can adjust better to your opponent’s action since you are already hopeful of winning the game and you trust your moves better than others.
- The result won’t affect you whether you win the game or lose the game as at the end you believe in learnings. You will analyze each and every wrong move made by you. Downswing is not your cup of tea.
- You will clearly focus on the bigger picture rather than going on tilt for few bad beats. Dropping buyins won’t be a big deal for you now.
- The best part of supreme ego is that it saves you from tilt and hence hoards you from imminent bigger losses.
- You already know that you are better than your opponents and even if you lose, you learn from your bad moves.
Confidence and ego can be a good thing if you start associating your every move with learnings. It will deceive people into believing that you are already going to win the game, eventually dropping their confidence to the base. Play your best game and you will certainly earn money in poker game.