PokerBaazi.com is never tired and is always upto something or the other. It seems like the only ambition in its life is to provide the poker enthusiasts a magnificent felt which has the maximum to offer, especially in terms of rewards.
The month of February is loaded with opportunities- PokerBaazi Premier League, The Endeavour, The Summit, The Grinders Series etc. Out of these, the first series to adorn the felt is The Grinders Series, commencing on the 5th of February, 2018, stretching for a period of 7 days and proffering the Baazigars 35 tournaments to quench their thirst for poker.
The Grinders series guarantees a massive 32 LAC GTD and throughout the month you also have the opportunity to win leaderboard prizes. Let us break down the Grinders Series for you, day wise:
Day 1: the event starts at 3 pm and would feature 5 tourneys. Out of the 5, the most significant is the 1.5 Lac GTD re-buy tourney. The minimum buy-in for the event is 1000+100.
Day 2: Out of the 5 tourneys, 1.5 Lac GTD (turbo re-entry), has the most to offer Baazigars. The minimum buy-in for the tourney is 1000+100 and starts at 9 pm.
Day 3: the golden tourney for the day is 1.5 LAC GTD (6-max RE) and requires a minimum buy-in of 1000+100. In this tournament, only 6 re-entries are allowed. The tourney unfolds at9pm.
Day 4: this day also features 5 tourneys but the Small Ball HR 3 LAC GTD [RE] steals the show. This high roller event guarantees you a prize money of 3 LAC GTD. The minimum buy-in is 2000+200.
Day 5: this day also doesn’t disappoint the 9 pm prime time and features the 1.5 LAC GTD [Superstack RE] and guarantees a prize pool of 1.5 LAC. The initial buy-in is 1000+100.
Day 6: the main highlight of this day is 1.5 LAC GTD [Turbo RE] and requires an initial buy-in of 1000+100. Such tourneys are real opportunities for increasing small amounts, manifold. The tourney starts at 9 pm.
Day 7: the final day of the series has a mammoth tourney in store for all the Baazigars- 5 LAC GTD ME [RE]. the tourney guarantees a prize pool of 5 LAC and fetches an initial buy-in of 2000+200. The tourney starts at 8 pm sharp.
Above mentioned are the main highlights for the 5 days but don’t underestimate the 4 other tourneys proffered to you each day. For poker enthusiasts with less willingness of investing much, such tourneys are the best platforms to face competition and win, with nominal investment.
So, start marking the dates on the calendar because the Grinders Series is one of the opportunities that you ought to exploit.
PokerBaazi.com never shies away from doing something fabulous for the Baazigars. Every month India’s most trusted website brings huge opportunities for all the poker lovers. At the end of Jazzy Jan and beginning of Fab Feb, Pokerbaazi.com is back with its glorious poker tournament, the PokerBaazi Premier League, popularly known as PPL. PPL would have four different editions this year over the span of the year- spring, summer, autumn, and winter. All these editions would have a combined in store for the champion- a Harley Davidson and prize worth 25 LAC.
PokerBaazi Premier League Spring ’18: This edition will have a guaranteed prize pool of more than 4 crores. It should be noted that the Main Event would alone carry a prize guarantee of 1 crore. The main attractions of the edition are:
Apart from the PPL, February would also witness the "Fab Feb". Just like its predecessor, the "Jazzy Jan", participating in "Fab Feb" would also open doors of opportunity for you to earn huge. Pokerbaazi.com is also giving out leaderboard rewards, throughout the month.All leaderboard rewards would be in form of Baazi Coins instead of Real Cash Bonus. giving you the flexibility to use these coins as per your wish! then there are the Double or Nothing tournaments. The Double or Nothing tournaments come with half the rake and will have 2 daily leaderboards instead of a single monthly one-
VIP points entrants would have lots of freerolls and big freerolls based on the VIP points.
Superstition is an abstract noun which is both revered and laughed at by people. Some believe in them religiously while others mock both the beliefs and the believers. Affectivity of superstitions is an unknown theorem practically but believers do claim that these impact one’s life hugely. Like any other field, poker also has plenty of such beliefs. The following are some of the poker superstitions:
1) Aces and eights: though these two cards, separately, is considered to be quite a good beginning at the hand, the combination of both is considered to bring ill luck for the player possessing them as his whole cards. The combination is also known as “the Deadman’s cards”. This combination got stained because this was the combination that gun-slinging lawman, Wild Bill Hickok held it in his hands when he was murdered Deadwood, South Dakota at the Number Ten Saloon in 1876. The poker players vouch on the fact that this combination brings ill-luck.
2) Three sixes: this is a superstition strongly believed by players of the Christian cult and also those players who are inherently superstitious. The biblical reference to this combination is, 6-6-6 is an anti-Christ symbol. The combination is considered to be satanic and thus, a lot of poker players fold their cards if the flop-flips 6-6-6, unwilling to encourage Satan.
3) Pocket jacks: this superstition is a result of lack of skill. Technically, pockets jacks is a great hand to start a game with but using it in the correct way is not everyone’s cup of tea. Actually its quite difficult to exploit the combination and as a result, most of the players loose the game with pocket jacks as their whole cards. Thus, now most of the players consider this combination as ominous.
4) Wearing Red: Red is considered as the luckiest colour especially among the Asian players. So, the felt usually becomes a tomato field on the days of important events.
5) Dirty Clothes: many poker players believe that wearing dirty clothes to the felt attracts good luck. Some players keep their clothes intact after a win and then wear the same clothes to the next event and replicate the same moves with a belief that history would repeat itself.
6) Chipping Away: Counting chips during a game is considered to be ominous but the matter of the fact is, keeping a track of your chips while you are playing helps you manage your bankroll better.
Being superstitious is not good but it isn’t harmful either unless you are obsessed. Your beliefs and abiding by them during a game gives you a mental support and your comfort zone. But don’t let your superstitious beliefs affect your game. If at any moment you are not able to abide by such beliefs, keep your nerves. You have nurtured those beliefs, those beliefs didn’t nurture you. Rest is all good when you are winning at the felt.
Poker landscape has a variety of players and you may come across some of the most bizarre variety in your poker career. One of the varieties consists of players who are maniacal while betting. Don’t confuse this lot with skilled but aggressive players. These players are not skilled enough but like to bet recklessly as apparently they believe, taking unusual risks is the key to success in poker. Thus, as a skilled poker player, sometimes it becomes a bit difficult to gauge the moves of such players because their moves are rarely supported with game skills or logic. So what should you do in such cases? Read below to unfathom the complexities of such players:
1) Play the game, simple: when you are playing with such maniacal players, it’s not wise to play very strategic. It is because such players don’t abide by or usually fall for strategies. They bet recklessly and leave the game in the hands of the lady luck. Thus your trial of deceiving them might be completely useless. You can gauge the felt and decide on when to become aggressive as a player. Aggressive playing helps you a lot of times while facing such opponents. If you receive a premium hand, don’t be afraid to play your heart out because in a felt with such players, usually the best hand wins the pot during showdown.
But be careful at all times because such games usually end, declaring some random unexpected pair of cards as the winner.
2) Let the maniacs lead: the maniacal players in context are not only non-predictive but also very shrewd. You might fail to understand their mindset during the game, but they diligently keep on trying to comprehend you and your moves. Also, most of the times, they are successful and take up a more confusing style of aggressive playing to hassle your mind. In such situations, just let them lead. If they get a hint that you have superior cards than theirs, they would control their betting or might fold, leading to a very mediocre win for you. In case of premium hands, just control you call and raise to get more money accumulated in the pot which you would ship later during showdown.
3) Buy-in short: while battling against such players, it is best that you buy in short. Too much bank-roll would result into a temptation to bet unnecessarily and you might end up losing all your money. When you have a limited stack, you play tight, extracting maximum amount from your opponents for the pot. By keeping a lower bankroll at the beginning, you might not end up with huge fortune but atleast you would be assured that you won’t end up losing a lot of your money.
4) Don’t give in to temptation: imagine that you have managed to win a huge fortune while playing poker. You have a big stack to spare for another hand but are doubtful whether you would be able to multiply or even get back the amount invested at the end. In those cases, opt for walk out. It really becomes very difficult to win while playing with maniacal players and if you have managed a huge fortune by playing against them, do not risk your earning because of over-confidence and mere temptation of winning more. Just remember, it is more graceful to leave the hand at the right moment after winning a big fortune than investing all your earning, with doubt in your mind about even more returns, after you have managed to hit the jackpot once.
Vanessa Selbst is a revered poker celebrity who has 1had a magnificent poker career all throughout. Interestingly, after her retirement from poker, she chose trade market investment as her new profession which in turn is a hint towards the possibility of poker players being comparatively more skillful while investing money in the stock market.
Aaron Brown, author of “the poker face of wall street” firmly believes that the game of poker and the trends of stock market have a lot of similarities. Brown drew this inference from his own experience – he has been a poker player all his life. Also, trade market was his profession for 30 years. From his 30 year stock market career, he felt that there is a lot of similarity between poker and stock market.
Since both the fields are under the influence of probability to quite an extent, here we are to draw a parallelism between trade market and the game of poker:
Taking risk is the first step: successful poker players and great stock market traders know it very well that risk is the stepping stone to success in their field. On one hand they know, any moment, they can face huge losses but on the other hand they also know that it can also be recovered in the same way. The most successful poker players and investors know what it feels like to take a serious risk, and they don’t let it rattle them too much. Maybe they’ve even “pushed the rent money into the middle of the table,” Brown says.
Both poker players and traders should be observant to the trends that led to their win. Taking those patterns as reference, maestros of both the field secure their profit.
Analyzing the pattern: traders and poker players are subjected to two different scenarios while analyzing patterns. A poker player analyzes his opponents from the change in his or her body language, the pattern of betting and various other factors. But to be a good trader, you need to do extensive reading and research on the previous market trends to save your money from being wasted. Early wins are a result of the correct impromptu decision whereas profits at large come from extension research and updated knowledge of the market.
Team work: unlike poker, trading is a team work. You cannot earn well from the stock market without partnership and team work. But in poker, your win is your credit. Thus, this habit of working solo sometimes results into repulsiveness towards team work, in case of poker players. This brings their downfall while investing in stock market.