PokerBaazi.com never shies away from doing something fabulous for the Baazigars. Every month India’s most trusted website brings huge opportunities for all the poker lovers. At the end of Jazzy Jan and beginning of Fab Feb, Pokerbaazi.com is back with its glorious poker tournament, the PokerBaazi Premier League, popularly known as PPL. PPL would have four different editions this year over the span of the year- spring, summer, autumn, and winter. All these editions would have a combined in store for the champion- a Harley Davidson and prize worth 25 LAC.
PokerBaazi Premier League Spring ’18: This edition will have a guaranteed prize pool of more than 4 crores. It should be noted that the Main Event would alone carry a prize guarantee of 1 crore. The main attractions of the edition are:
Apart from the PPL, February would also witness the "Fab Feb". Just like its predecessor, the "Jazzy Jan", participating in "Fab Feb" would also open doors of opportunity for you to earn huge. Pokerbaazi.com is also giving out leaderboard rewards, throughout the month.All leaderboard rewards would be in form of Baazi Coins instead of Real Cash Bonus. giving you the flexibility to use these coins as per your wish! then there are the Double or Nothing tournaments. The Double or Nothing tournaments come with half the rake and will have 2 daily leaderboards instead of a single monthly one-
VIP points entrants would have lots of freerolls and big freerolls based on the VIP points.
Superstition is an abstract noun which is both revered and laughed at by people. Some believe in them religiously while others mock both the beliefs and the believers. Affectivity of superstitions is an unknown theorem practically but believers do claim that these impact one’s life hugely. Like any other field, poker also has plenty of such beliefs. The following are some of the poker superstitions:
1) Aces and eights: though these two cards, separately, is considered to be quite a good beginning at the hand, the combination of both is considered to bring ill luck for the player possessing them as his whole cards. The combination is also known as “the Deadman’s cards”. This combination got stained because this was the combination that gun-slinging lawman, Wild Bill Hickok held it in his hands when he was murdered Deadwood, South Dakota at the Number Ten Saloon in 1876. The poker players vouch on the fact that this combination brings ill-luck.
2) Three sixes: this is a superstition strongly believed by players of the Christian cult and also those players who are inherently superstitious. The biblical reference to this combination is, 6-6-6 is an anti-Christ symbol. The combination is considered to be satanic and thus, a lot of poker players fold their cards if the flop-flips 6-6-6, unwilling to encourage Satan.
3) Pocket jacks: this superstition is a result of lack of skill. Technically, pockets jacks is a great hand to start a game with but using it in the correct way is not everyone’s cup of tea. Actually its quite difficult to exploit the combination and as a result, most of the players loose the game with pocket jacks as their whole cards. Thus, now most of the players consider this combination as ominous.
4) Wearing Red: Red is considered as the luckiest colour especially among the Asian players. So, the felt usually becomes a tomato field on the days of important events.
5) Dirty Clothes: many poker players believe that wearing dirty clothes to the felt attracts good luck. Some players keep their clothes intact after a win and then wear the same clothes to the next event and replicate the same moves with a belief that history would repeat itself.
6) Chipping Away: Counting chips during a game is considered to be ominous but the matter of the fact is, keeping a track of your chips while you are playing helps you manage your bankroll better.
Being superstitious is not good but it isn’t harmful either unless you are obsessed. Your beliefs and abiding by them during a game gives you a mental support and your comfort zone. But don’t let your superstitious beliefs affect your game. If at any moment you are not able to abide by such beliefs, keep your nerves. You have nurtured those beliefs, those beliefs didn’t nurture you. Rest is all good when you are winning at the felt.
Poker landscape has a variety of players and you may come across some of the most bizarre variety in your poker career. One of the varieties consists of players who are maniacal while betting. Don’t confuse this lot with skilled but aggressive players. These players are not skilled enough but like to bet recklessly as apparently they believe, taking unusual risks is the key to success in poker. Thus, as a skilled poker player, sometimes it becomes a bit difficult to gauge the moves of such players because their moves are rarely supported with game skills or logic. So what should you do in such cases? Read below to unfathom the complexities of such players:
1) Play the game, simple: when you are playing with such maniacal players, it’s not wise to play very strategic. It is because such players don’t abide by or usually fall for strategies. They bet recklessly and leave the game in the hands of the lady luck. Thus your trial of deceiving them might be completely useless. You can gauge the felt and decide on when to become aggressive as a player. Aggressive playing helps you a lot of times while facing such opponents. If you receive a premium hand, don’t be afraid to play your heart out because in a felt with such players, usually the best hand wins the pot during showdown.
But be careful at all times because such games usually end, declaring some random unexpected pair of cards as the winner.
2) Let the maniacs lead: the maniacal players in context are not only non-predictive but also very shrewd. You might fail to understand their mindset during the game, but they diligently keep on trying to comprehend you and your moves. Also, most of the times, they are successful and take up a more confusing style of aggressive playing to hassle your mind. In such situations, just let them lead. If they get a hint that you have superior cards than theirs, they would control their betting or might fold, leading to a very mediocre win for you. In case of premium hands, just control you call and raise to get more money accumulated in the pot which you would ship later during showdown.
3) Buy-in short: while battling against such players, it is best that you buy in short. Too much bank-roll would result into a temptation to bet unnecessarily and you might end up losing all your money. When you have a limited stack, you play tight, extracting maximum amount from your opponents for the pot. By keeping a lower bankroll at the beginning, you might not end up with huge fortune but atleast you would be assured that you won’t end up losing a lot of your money.
4) Don’t give in to temptation: imagine that you have managed to win a huge fortune while playing poker. You have a big stack to spare for another hand but are doubtful whether you would be able to multiply or even get back the amount invested at the end. In those cases, opt for walk out. It really becomes very difficult to win while playing with maniacal players and if you have managed a huge fortune by playing against them, do not risk your earning because of over-confidence and mere temptation of winning more. Just remember, it is more graceful to leave the hand at the right moment after winning a big fortune than investing all your earning, with doubt in your mind about even more returns, after you have managed to hit the jackpot once.
The third edition of 1 CRORE Guaranteed The MoneyMaker comes to an end, declaring Priyadarshi Rajnish as the winner, who walked away with the winner's prize money of 30 LAC. After him, it is Manish Jain, who has secured the position of the first runner-up, bagging prize money amounting to 20 LAC.
The MoneyMaker is India's first 1 CRORE prize money online poker tournament! Poker is not a very favoured game in India up till now (things are visibly changing with time though), unveiling an online tournament of this high value was really a big move on the part of PokerBaazi.com. But, Indian poker enthusiasts have shown their utmost support through their extremely high participation from every corner of India.
Since the very first edition, The MoneyMaker has been a very successful online poker tourney and now, the third edition has attracted an excellent field of 734 unique entrants and 430 re-entries taking the prize pool to 1,16,40000. The excitement of this huge tourney was in the air long before the D-Day. PokerBaazi.com, which always prioritizes the Baazigars above all, had rolled out regular satellites and promotions to make the ticket to the MoneyMaker easily available for all, especially the Baazigars. The initial buy-in for this mammoth event was INR 11000.
The felt wasn’t very easy. All the entrants gave a tough fight to each other to bag the winner’s title. One of the most memorable hands was right before the heads-up battle between Rajnish and Manish. “PaperBoat” and “pottysingh” were dealt with 10d, As; and 6h,5h, respectively. The hand was a significant one and “pottysingh” lost almost all his chips to the eventual Rank 1, “paperboat”. The board flipped 3h Js 9h 3d 9c. “PaperBoat” called a massive bet with an A-high on the river and destroyed what would otherwise have proved to be a brilliant bluff!!
In all, the players securing the first 82 positions came in the money.
Here’s the top 5 results:
Place Players Prize Money
1 Priyadarshi ‘PaperBoat’ Rajnish 30 LAC
2 Manish ‘youngistan’ Jain 20 LAC
3 Anirban ‘pottysingh’ Das 10.76 LAC
4 Wilson ‘kalingkaling’ Yomso 7.85 LAC
5 Shashwat ‘shash26’ Agarwal 5.23 LAC
Hearty congratulations to the warriors who have fought the felt rightfully and used their skills to snatch away their well-deserved titles. Pokerbaazi.com is very pleased to have made the experience of The MoneyMaker, a treat for all the poker enthusiasts. At the end of the tourney, the CEO of Pokerbaazi.com, Navkiran Singh said, “I heartily congratulate the winners of the tourney. Also, my best wishes go to every player who participated in the event. It gives me immense pleasure to sense so much dedicated support from players across the country. PokerBaazi was, is and would continue working to provide poker with its much-deserved pedestal in the face of Indian Sports. Thank you all for making this event a grand success.”
Perks of Playing Poker Online
Poker is undoubtedly the most entertaining of all card games. It is a game that involves less of our lady luck and more of our skills. In the beginning, poker was a way to socialize. It was a permanent member during any house party, outing with friends to the near-by lounge or casinos, or a simple get together with the family. The trend has not changed but humans are now suffering from the shortage of time. Thus, using poker for socializing has become next to impossible. But, that doesn’t mean that the love for poker has faded away. Instead, the market and craze of poker is increasing, every year. So, how is this need of the human population being catered? The answer is simple- online poker. With internet being our constant companion in this age, online poker has become more popular than the offline poker. In this age of digitalization, let’s get to know the perks of online poker –
1) Your urge, your time: Offline poker needs an entire set-up. You need cards, people who would gather at one place to play with you, some snacks for the invited, etc. It is a lot of hassle for whoever is organizing such a poker game. But after all this, you do love to play poker right? Fret not buddies! Internet can never let us down. For such situations, you can satisfy your urge to play poker by just logging in to India’s most trusted poker website, Pokerbaazi.com. Online poker has the same thrill and fair-play as offline poker, but it makes your experience even more comfortable.
2) Opportunity to brush up your skills: Every poker lover need not be a pro at the game. The poker landscape has more amateur players than the proficient ones. Also, poker requires a lot of practice to achieve a certain level of expertise. But, sadly, offline poker shells out money from you during your learning process because, in offline poker, you are bound to place the initial bet to be in the game. In this regard, online poker websites like Pokerbaazi.com, are your best friends. Such websites offer enough free-roll games so that you can play for free, without investing any penny and brush up your skills. Once you feel that you have mastered poker upto the level of winning the hand, you can enroll yourself in the games which involve chips and money, and play to win.
3) Being comfy is the main priority: To play any game well, you need to be at your utmost comfort. Being in a casino doesn’t give you this freedom. Going out requires a certain dressing up and appearance. Online poker doesn’t demand any of that. You can wear your most comfy clothes, place yourself at the comfiest corner of your house at any hour of the day and play. Plus, You can play at the oddest hours of the day; even at those hours when no casinos are open.
4) Connect with the best of players in the industry: Casinos are usually crowded with local poker enthusiasts. There are only few occasions when poker celebrities actually visit a particular casino. So, learning from them or getting to know their strategies in person, is a rare possibility. But online poker gives you this benefit. The virtual felt gives you a chance to connect and socialize with top-notch poker players and learn from them the tricks of turning a felt in your favour. Websites like Pokerbaazi.com, give you a proper platform to interact with the players you adore or idolize, helping you improve your game.
5) Walk the fortune to your bank account: It can’t be denied that poker is a great source of income. Once you master the game, no one can stop Goddess Laxmi from residing at your place. In case of offline poker, earning money becomes seasonal because if you work, it becomes difficult to plan and execute a visit to the casino. Also, getting invited to a good game happens once in a blue moon. In such scenario, why not play poker online and earn money regularly? Afterall, it is said, using your hobby to earn is the best. Just register on India’s most trusted poker website, Pokerbaazi.com and start earning. Play at your own will, experience a fair-game, brush your skills up and keep your door ever-open for fortune.
See you at the felt folks!