Position defines the order in which you act in a poker game. It becomes really significant in a no-limit Texas Hold’em than in pot-limit and fixed-limit games. You should always be aware of your position relative to the dealer button. A table position in poker is indeed making a difference between a winning a hand and losing a hand. Having a position in Texas Hold’em also refers to being last to act on the flop, turn or river. Also, you get to know the strength of your opponents by acting after them. With our upcoming PokerBaazi Premier League (PPL) season II, we bring you few guidelines on how Position in poker can value your online poker game and win you more money.
It refers to the seat left to the big blind. In this, you will always be the first to act throughout the hand and first to act after the flop. You will be relying on your cards to win the pot and you might desist playing weak cards from these positions. It is considered as the least favorable.
It refers to the seats between EP and LP. You get to play a few more hands than EP. But do remember if all the players from EP fold, you will have to act first on each round.
It refers to the seats nearest to the right of the button. It is considered as the most favorable as you will be one of the last to act on each round. At this position, you can go as easy as you want with the range of hands you play.
It is a position from where you can play as many hands as possible and you will be the last to act on every betting round except the flop. It is usually considered as the best seat in the hand.
It is considered as the least anticipated since a player is required to underwrite to the pot and must act on all betting rounds after the flop.
There are three options you have in poker which are raise, call and fold. You can stake any amount when you raise as long as it’s at least twice the preceding bet. You call that is to put in the same amount as the earlier bet if no one has raised. In fold, you throw away all your cards.
To win money in poker or to make a bigger pot, you should raise three to four times if your cards are worth playing. In this way, you can also make players with weak hands to fold.
If you do not have strong hands like pocket cards or ace-king or ace-queen and someone has raised in front of you, it becomes really important to call that time.
You can consider the options of raise or fold if no one has raised as it will win you more hands by giving you more options after the flop.
Texas Hold’em is one of the popular form of poker where there are three rounds of community cards. Each player starts with two hole cards and can use dealt face up with betting after each round. The game looks easy to play but is made up of thrilling difficulties. The game is misleading and many variables need to be considered while playing Texas Hold’em. While we do believe, pros have their own personal playing style based on their experiences, we bring you a list of some of the tips for playing Texas Hold’em if you are just beginning to it.
Know your opponents
Players who know poker well plays a tight and hostile game. If your opponent is playing weak hands, you indeed have a chance of making money if your hands are better than your opponent’s hands. Many players play loosely and all you need to be is careful to make a lot of money in poker. So, observe your opponents carefully how they are playing.
Avoid playing every hand
Do remember folding is not a symbol of naivety. Try not to make a mistake of playing as many hands as possible as you will lose your stacks very easily. Know best starting hands and take time while making decisions.
They are just suited hands
Do not overvalue the suited cards as many beginners do. It does make your hands better but understand the difference between value and unused. You can consider throwing a hand like ten-six whether it’s suited or not.
Know the significance of position
Sometimes, having excellent position can win you a lot of money than having excellent cards. Always try to understand the strength of your opponent’s hands if they act in front of you. You should make your bets accordingly and understand your position in respect to the blinds which is indeed a key factor in winning the hand.
Know when to call
You can close the betting action if you are on the button or if you want to hide your excellent hands to raise the stakes in later betting rounds.
Know your limits
Join the tables which your bankroll can afford and do remember your financial limitations while pondering over table limits.
Pocket cards? Suited cards? All you yearn is for two cards that have the best chance to win in Texas Hold'em and pondering over it makes it a really maddening game at least for beginners. Knowing which hands are playable or not is one of the primary parts to become a strong Texas Hold’em player. Here is a list of the top starting hands in Texas Hold’em using pocket cards. Note that the belief does differ on which starting hands are best and it also depends on the other aspects such as a number of players in the hand, community cards and your position.
Pocket Aces are considered as the best hand in the starting hand when playing Texas Hold’em. The ideal situation for the pocket aces is to head up on the flop and do not slow play. However, winning chances of pocket aces may go down when more players enter the pot. So, the less opponent in the hand the better.
Pocket Kings are considered as the second best starting hand in Texas Hold’em. Except pocket aces where it has only 18 % of chance, it rules all other pocket players with an 80-82% chance to succeed. When you hit the flop, you can slim down the field to one or two opponents with raising. Raise and re-raise are indeed a successful way to go when playing with Pocket Kings.
Pocket Queens are considered as the third most powerful starting hand in the Texas Hold’em. Your position will certainly define the way you play pocket queen pre-flop. You might get up against pocket aces or pocket kings if you get into a raising war. Statistically, the chances of your pocket queen getting up against pocket kings or aces are very low but you might need to assess the situation if the betting gets very heavy before the flop.
Pocket Jacks are considered as the fifth most powerful starting hand in the Texas Hold’em. They are considered as the weakest and need to be handled with care. Playing JJ can be really tricky before the flop and get really mistier after the flop. The best thing about JJ is that they are one of the best hands before the flop. Raising and re-raising will help you to decide whether or not you are beat. If an opponent has come in for an early-position raise, then you need to be more cautious.
Known as TNT or dynamite, having pocket tens can give you a head-start. This is the only starting hand in top starting hands without a face card. Chances are that dynamite will fair well against other premium hands since many people will be playing premium hands. Nonetheless, they will still win against over-cards.