Daniel Negreanu, recognized as the best poker player of the running decade by the Global Poker Index in 2014, enjoys this claim for solid reasons. Not just the best, but also the most popular poker player of this generation, let’s check out his achievements ever since he stepped into the pokerverse.
Nickname – Kid Poker
Born and Brought up- Daniel Negreanu was born in Toronto, Canada and currently lives in Las Vegas, NV.
Total Recorded Winnings –$49,023,396
- WSOP- $20,714,529
- World Poker Tour- $6,437,353
- European Poker Tour- $1,705,492
Achievements Of Daniel Negreanu
- WSOP Bracelets – 6
- WPT Champions Cups – 2
- Net Worth as of 2022- $70 Million
Hold’em Wisdom for all Players, Power Hold’em Strategy, More Hold’em Wisdom for All
X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009), Detention (2011) & Skin (2018)
- Canada All Time Money List – 1st
- All Time Money List Current Rank – 3rd
- All Time Money List Best Rank – 1st
- Global Poker Index Ranking – 52nd
- Popularity Ranking – 1st
- Best Live Cash -$8,288,001
- Total Live Tournament Earnings – $42,000,000+ (as of January 2020)
- 1974 – Born on July 26th, 1974 in Toronto, Daniel Negreanu is the biggest name in the poker world.
- 1990 – Discovered his kinship for poker, pool hustling and gambling.
- 1995 – Came to the City of Lights, Las Vegas to the tenet poker world, but soon realised casinos in Vegas were different from the Casinos in Toronto. Daniel lost his bankroll in Vegas and went back to Toronto to reconstruct what he had lost.
- 1997 – Patience paid well and Daniel was named best all-around player at Foxwoods’ World Poker Final.
- 1988 – Daniel was given the nickname ‘Kid Poker’ in this year. At 23, he became the youngest person to win a popular gold bracelet taking down the $2,000 Pot Limit Hold’em tournament for $169,460.
- 2002, 2003, 2004 – He won subsequent titles in 2002, 2003, and 2008
- 2004 – It was indeed the best year for Daniel as he made it to 11 final tables which included two WPT victories (Borgata and Bellagio) and his 3rd World Series of Poker bracelet in Limit Hold’em. He earned titles for both the World Series of Poker Player of the Year and Card Player Magazine Player of the Year. He was also named WPT Season 3 (2004-2005) Player of the Year. He won a sumptuous $4,465,907 that year.
- 2005 – Daniel contributed a chapter for Doyle Brunson’s Super System 2 and began working on his two poker books.
- 2007 – Became a member of PokerStars and released his book Hold’em Wisdom for all players.
- 2008 – Released his book Power Hold’em Strategy and managed to cash in 3 WPT events including a 3rd place at the Jack Binion World Poker Open for $384,000.
- 2009 – Acted in movie X-Men Origins: Wolverine
- 2011 – Acted in movie Detention
- 2013 – Daniel was named the 2013 WSOP Player of the Year for the 2nd time (only player in history), the 2013 Bluff Player of the Year and the 2013 Card Player Magazine Player of the Year and was ranked #1 on the GPI rankings to finish the year
- 2014 – Won $8,288,001 for $1 Million Big One for One Drop and $156,674 for $10K No-Limit 2-7 Draw Lowball during World Series of Poker
- 2015 – Won $526,778 for $10K NL Main Event and $113,062 for $10K Stud Hi-Low during World Series of Poker
- Won the HORSE Championship $200K GTD, $61,865.47
- 2018- Introduces Poker Lessons on Masterclass, an online learning platform
- 2022- Negreanu won $3.312 million in Super High Roller Bowl VII