PokerBaazi.com is the safest online poker website in India and it offers multiple variants of the game including Pot Limit Omaha.
You might be interested to know how to play Omaha, which is another variant of Poker.
Since we have explained the way to play Texas Hold’em poker earlier, we will point out the differences that the two variants have.
How Omaha is different from Texas Hold’em Poker?
- • Omaha players are dealt 4 cards face down each. This is different from the cards dealt to the players in Texas Hold’em Poker where they get 2 cards.
- • The players must use exactly 2 of their Hole Cards to make their best possible hand.
- • The players must use exactly 3 cards from the 5 community cards to make their best possible hand.
- • The best possible hand, a 5 cards combination, in Omaha is chosen by taking exactly 2 out of the 4 Hole cards and exactly 3 out of the 5 community cards.
- • In Texas Hold'em, this is simply taking the best 5 card combination, without any condition of having a minimum number of Hole cards or Community cards in the best hand.
How to play Omaha
It is defined as the size of the pot which consists a total of the amount the active player have to first call before raising, plus all bets on the table, plus the sum of the active pot.
The raise amount should be at smallest as much as the raise or preceding bet in the same round. For example, the second player must raise a minimum of 10 if the first poker player to proceed bets 10.
There is no limit on the amount of raises allowed in Pot Limit Omaha. The last bet in the Pot Limit Omaha is same as the size of the big blind, but it depends on the player if he or she wants to bet up to the size of the pot
Pot Limit Omaha Betting Structure
In Pot Limit, the maximum bet would be two times the amount to call plus the pot, the minimum bet would be equal to the bet of the previous player.
A player may bet a maximum of 200 if there is no prior action on a previous betting round and the size of the pot is 200. The player who is clockwise from the existing player will make the next move after that bet. That player can raise any amount between the minimum and the maximum, call 200 or can also fold. The all-out bet in this event would be 800. The raiser would first call 200 which will bring the pot size to 600 by making a whole bet of 800 after raising 300 more.