How to Play 3 Patti Online Game?
3 Patti or Teen Patti, is a popular card game that originated in India, similar yet
different from a game of poker. A Teen Patti online game is played with three to six players and
a 52-card deck of cards without jokers. Before the cards are dealt, the boot amount is
determined and collected from each player (the pot).
Players are then dealt three cards face down. When you indulge in the Teen Patti game, the money in the pot increases as the game progresses and the winner gets to keep the pot money as per the 3 Patti rules. As per Teen Patti rules , the winner is the player who remains in the game till the hand is completed and has the best highest poker hand as per the online 3 Patti chart. If you go for Teen Patti download, the same Teen Patti rules and gameplay are applicable in real cash games.
Guide to Teen Patti Online
- Each player contributes to the boot money and receives three cards face-down as per Teen Patti rules.
- A Teen Patti online game begins with the player next to the dealer and proceeds in a clockwise direction.
- A player has the option to place a wager without seeing the cards (blind) or see the cards. Once the player chooses to view his/her cards, they have the option to ‘chaal’ or other action options based on the progress of the 3 patti game.
- When you play Teen patti online, a player who places a blind bet is known as the poker blind player. A player who places a wager after seeing the cards is referred to as the seen player.
3 Patti Online Hand Rankings
If you opt for Teen Patti download, the Teen Patti rules chart ranking from high to low is:
1. Trail or Set (three of the same rank)
2. Pure sequence
3. Sequence (or run)
5. Pair (two cards of the same rank) and
6. High Card.
In an online 3 patti sequence, A-K-Q is the highest and A-2-3 is the second-ranked sequence.
Also Check :- Bluff Card Game
See Also: How To Play Poker
Teen Patti Game Terms To Know
Boot - If you go for Teen Patti download, Boot is commonly known as ante, entry
fee or the pot. This represents an equal amount contributed by each player before their
cards are dealt during 3 Patti gameplay. It is a forced wager to play the hand in Teen
Patti games. The boot amount ensures each 3 Patti player who folds every round to feel
the small pinch thus incentivizing gameplay
tutorial with a small forced stake.
Also known as Pocket Rockets, Two Pips Post Often, during Teen Patti online gameplay, players are away from their seat and miss their ante/boot. The player is required to ‘post’ to re-enter the game. As per Teen Patti rules, the amount to be posted to be a part of the next hand is the amount of the boot at the time the player missed their turn. Posting is not required if the player who would otherwise post happens to be in the ante as per the Teen Patti rules. Also known as Cowboys, King Kong, Ace Magnets.
- Blind Player - A 3 Patti player who opts to not see his/her card and play blind. You have the options to play pack, blind and show if available. To play Blind a player puts the wager amount in the pot. The Blind amount is equal to the current stake amount or twice the current stake amount. In case of the first player, the current stake amount will be the boot amount. So, if the first player decides to blind in a online 3 Patti cash game, the wager amount must be equal to the boot amount or twice the boot amount.
Stake Amount - The wager placed by a blind
player is the ‘stake’ amount for the next player. If the wager is placed by a seen
stake becomes half the amount for the next online 3 Patti player. In case of the next
the wager amount can be equal to the stake amount or twice the stake amount.
In a 3 patti online game only a blind player can ask for a show when one opponent is remaining in the game. The cards of both players are revealed, known as a blind show, and the winner gets the pot.
- Seen Player - A teen patti online player who has seen his/her cards is known as a ‘seen player’. A seen player has the option to Chaal, Pack or other options depending on the stage of the 3 patti online card game online. The other options that may be available in a teen Patti game to a seen player are Show and Side Show. Once a player has seen his/her cards in, order to stay in the game they must exercise or play ‘chaal’, unless one of the below actions are also available.
- Chaal : When you opt for Teen Patti download, to remain in a 3 patti real cash game, a seen player must play Chaal or a Side Show if available. For chaal, the player must put the wager amount in the pot. The wager amount for a seen player is equal to twice or four times the current stake amount. If the previous player is a blind player, the stake amount is the amount wagered by the player. If the previous player is a seen player, the stake amount is half the amount wagered by the player when you choose Teen Patti online.
As per the Teen Patti rules, a seen player can request for a Side Show in a 3 Patti
real cash game. Sideshow refers to the
intent to compare cards with the cards of the previous player. This option is
available in Teen Patti online only if the previous player is also a seen player and
there are other players still in the hand.
As per the Teen Patti rules, to exercise a Side Show, a player must put equal or twice the current stake in the pot. The request for a Side Show is conveyed to the previous player. The previous player has the option to accept or deny during 3 Patti play online.
If the Side Show is accepted in a Teen patti online game and the previous player has better cards, you must pack. However, if you have better cards, the previous player needs to pack. After one of the players has packed, the turn passes onto the next player. - If the Side Show is denied in a 3 patti game, you do not see each other’s cards and both players remain in the game and the turn passes onto the next player.
Patti Limited Stake and Unlimited Teen Patti Stake Tables
A limited stake Teen Patti game has a limit to the amount a player can wager at a given time. For example, if the boot amount is Rs.2, a player can wager only a maximum of four blinds, the maximum chaal will be Rs. 256 and the Pot Limit will be 2048. Once the Pot Limit is reached in 3 Patti online games, all players in the hand are forced to reveal the cards and the winner is declared taking home the pot as per the Teen Patti rules. It is always advisable to opt for Teen Patti download and play limited stakes when you are getting started.
Loose versus tight play
In a 3 Patti cash game, players tend to play hands beyond the first round or fold immediately. This is commonly referred to as loose or tight play in Teen Patti game. A tight Teenpatti online player is known to fold weak hands while a loose Teen Patti player will wager more of these hands and is likely to play till showdown most often. So, when you opt for Teen Patti download online.
The wagering continues in Indian Teen Patti until one of the below occurs:
- All but one player packs - The only remaining player wins the money in the pot, regardless of their cards
- ● All but two players pack. In this scenario, if one player requests for a "show", both players must expose their cards to determine the winner in 3 Patti real cash games.
The following online 3 patti rules chart needs to be followed when a show occurs during Teen Patti games online. Only a seen player can play a show with a blind player for four times the current wager.
- ● If both are seen players by wagering two times the current wager, either may ask for a show.
● A blind player cannot ask for a show or side show. While a blind player cannot ask (nor can be asked) for a sideshow, the advantage they have is to ask for a show. In a Teen Patti game, a player can choose not to show and surrender the pot in return.
3 Patti Sequence/ Rankings
Three of a Kind (or a Trio) - Three of the same cards. The highest trio is Aces and
the lowest trio is twos in a Teen patti game.
Straight flush ( or a pure sequence) - A straight flush is three consecutive cards of the same suit. The highest pure sequence is A-2-3 followed by A-K-Q, K-Q-J and so on till 4-3-2. In a real money game of Teen Patti online, a wrap around like K-A-2 is not considered a straight flush but is however, a valid flush in an online 3 patti game.
Straight (sequence) - A straight is three consecutive cards not in the same suit in Teen Patti download. The highest sequence is A-2-3 to 4-3-2 which is the lowest sequence. K-A-2 in this case is not a valid hand in a Teen Patti game.
Flush (colour) - All 3 cards of the same suit are known as a flush in Teen Patti games. If two players in a 3 Patti game both have flushes, the player with the high card wins. If two players have the same card values, then the hands are ranked by suit beginning with spades first, and clubs last.
Pair (double) - In Teen Patti download online, two cards of the same rank are called a pair. The highest pair is Aces and the lowest is Deuces. If both players have pairs, the player with the higher value pair wins as per Teen Patti rules. If both players have the same pair, the value of the 3rd card will determine the winner.
No pair (high card) - If both players have the same high card, the remaining card values come into play as per Teen Patti rules. Probabilities in 3 Patti Real Cash Games The probability of all the Teen Patti game hands are listed below. Keeping in mind that the 3 Patti sequence in which the cards are dealt does not matter, the probabilities in a 52 card deck stand as below: Hand Frequency Probability Odds
|Three of a kind/trio||52||0.24%||424.00:1|
|Straight flush/pure sequence||48||0.22%||459.42:1|
|No pair/high card||16440||74.39%||0.34:1|
Teen Patti Online Game Variations
A 3 Patti real cash game can be played in several variations, often played in isolation or
Best-of-four - Each player is dealt four cards, instead of the regular 3 and they must make the best possible 3 cards Indian Teen Patti hand.
Lowball - In this Teen Patti download real cash variant, the order of the hand rankings are reversed, with the least ranking now having the highest rank and vice versa as per the specific 3 Patti rules.
Wild draw - As per the Teen Patti rules, the dealer pulls out one card at random after dealing and nominates all other cards of the same rank as wild cards.
Low wild - In this variation, a player’s lowest-ranked cards are deemed wild cards in that player's hand only.
High wild - Here, a player’s highest ranked cards are deemed wild cards in that player's hand only.
Two-lowest wild - A player is dealt 4 cards and the 2 lowest cards taken together form a virtual wild card in that player's hand only. As per Teen Patti rules, if the two lowest cards are a pair, then that pair may be considered as a single wild card. In this version, if the two middle-rank cards are a pair, then the player does not have any wild cards.
Bust card draw - In this 3 Patti cash game, the dealer pulls out one card at random after dealing and nominates all cards of the same rank as bust cards. Any player holding any of the bust cards has to fold as per Teen Patti rules.
Stud - In this Teen Patti online game, each player receives a preset mix of a combination of face-down and face-up cards. The cards dealt face down to each player are called hole cards. The cards dealt face-up are called street cards. The combination of hole cards and street cards are determined based on the variation of the Teen Patti game you are playing.
Community - Similar to a Texas Hold’em poker game, if you opt for Teen Patti download, players are dealt incomplete hands of facedown cards and then, several face-up community cards are revealed at the centre of the table. The community cards can be used by each of the players to make their best 3 Patti sequence combination.
• Three-card community: Each player is dealt two face-down cards followed by one face-up community card in this 3 Patti real cash variant.
• Five-card community: Each player is dealt two face-down cards followed by three face-up community cards as per this Teen Patti game variation. Some versions of this game may require players to compulsorily select any one face-down card and any two face-up cards to make a three-card hand as per the Teen Patti rules.
Teen Patti FAQs
There are plenty of Teen Patti download game apps online. You can choose one by looking into its key features and services such as safety, security, RNG certification and the payment channels and methods.
Yes, you can opt for Teen Patti download and play Teen Patti online for free or play to win real money.
Play blind often and start small if you choose to go for Teen Patti download and play online. Make sure to be patient and not give away your emotions in Teen Patti games. Take a break if you receive a bad beat. Do not invest more to win more.