8 Game Poker
8 Game Poker, as the term suggests, is a mixed game online Poker variant in which eight different poker game disciplines are played in rotation according to the 8 Game poker strategy. The disciplines of 8 Mixed Game Poker are in order: 2-7 Triple Draw, Limit Hold'em, Omaha Hi-Lo 8 or Better, Razz, Seven Card Stud, Stud Hi-Lo 8 or Better, No-Limit Hold'em and Pot-Limit Omaha.
How to Play 8 Game Poker?
If you intend to play 8 Game Poker, you'll need to learn about all eight disciplines. If you understand the basic 8-game poker rules for all 8 different poker varieties, you're already ahead of the competition considering most of your rivals are at smaller stakes. As these opponents may be great in playing one or two online Poker games but not all, so you can take the advantage of this.
This Mixed 8 Game Poker is played with six people, and on every six hands, the game is switched. Limit 2-7 Triple Draw is the first six hands as per 8-game poker strategy, followed by Texas Limit Hold'em, and so on. The game usually starts with Triple Draw, then moves on to Limit Hold'em, No Limit Hold'em, and finally, Pot Limit Hold'em to complete the cycle. Then, the subsequent cycle begins with a new triple draw level.
8 Game Poker Variations
2-7 Triple Draw
As opposed to regular Poker games, the value of hands in this online Poker game is inverted. According to the 8 Game Poker Rules, a participant is dealt five cards at the start of the game, and their objective is to build the lowest poker hand possible without striking a straight or flush. This game is usually played like Limit Hold'em.
Although it is not as fascinating as No Limit Hold’em, which has no limit on the number of chips which can be used. When playing this variant in 8 Mixed Game Poker, there is always a cap, which means that each betting round can only have one bet and three raises based on the 8-game poker strategy.
Omaha Hi-Lo 8 or Better
If you've ever heard the Omaha Poker rules, Omaha Hi-Lo 8 will be familiar to you. The main difference is that the pot is split in half and given to the best high hand and best low hand while playing the Omaha Hi-Lo 8 Poker game. To acquire the best low hand, all five cards must have an 8 or lower value.
Razz, Seven Card Stud
Razz is a low-ball stud poker game (ace to five low), or we can say that it is one of the oldest forms of online poker, in which the player's intends to to make the best five-card hand possible from the seven cards handed to them in 8 Mixed Game Poker. 5 4 3 2 A, often known as the wheel, 5 high, or the bicycle, is the best possible Razz poker hand.
Stud Hi-Lo 8 or Better
Stud poker is also known by another name. Seven Card stud hi-low is known as hi-lo 8. This poker version is played with two to eight participants and follows the same rules as Seven Card Stud. It's a split pot game in which your mission is to make your best five-card high hand (8 7 6 5 4) as well as your best five-card low hand (A 2 3 4 5) with any poker combination of the seven cards dealt to you based on the 8 game poker rules. This is known as scooping the pot when you win both hands.
Texas Hold’em is one of the most popular variants of the Poker game that is played by people worldwide. As per the 8-game poker rules, a player can wager any sum over the minimum raise to all of their poker chips at the table in No limit hold’em. The big blind size, small blind size, minimum and maximum buy-in are the four numbers that are commonly used to represent No limit games.
After Texas Hold’em, Omaha is the next action game to try when exploring playing 8 Mixed Game Poker. In Omaha Poker, unlike Texas Hold'em, players begin with four-hole cards instead of two, allowing for a larger range of hands. The term "pot limit" in Omaha refers to a player's betting limit being about the size of the pot; thus, you cannot over-bet the pot in this game.
8 Game Poker Strategy
8 Mixed Game Poker is played in almost the same way as Horse, and you must acquire at least the basic strategy for each of the eight different Poker disciplines. If you dive right into this game without first trying at least a hundred hands in each variation, you will most likely bleed your chips hand over fist.
A few 8 Game Poker tips to remember:
- Know the Games: Mastery of all eight games is essential. If you're weaker in one variant, your opponents will exploit your weaknesses.
- Adaptability: Be prepared to switch gears from one game to the next. The optimal strategy for one variant may be suboptimal for another.
- Starting Hands: Starting hand selection varies across games. Understand which hands are strong in each variant.
- Position: Positional awareness is crucial in every game. Play more aggressively in late positions and more selectively in early positions.
- Reading Hands: Practice reading your opponents' hands in different games. The ability to read hands remains fundamental across all 8 game poker variations.
- Bankroll Management: Different games have varying levels of variance. Adjust your bankroll management strategy accordingly.
- Bluffing: Bluffing is an integral part of poker. You need to study your opponents' tendencies thoroughly and adjust your bluffing strategy.
- Value Betting: Knowing when to bet for value and when to protect your hand is essential in mixed poker games.
- Math Skills: Certain games, especially Omaha and Stud variants, require strong mathematical skills. Calculate odds and pot odds accurately.
- Stay Alert: Fatigue can set in earlier than usual in 8 Game Poker due to the constant game changes. Try to stay focused to maintain your edge.
You may conquer the 8 Mixed Game Poker variation by following these 8 Game Poker strategy tips: Avoid conflicts with stronger opponents as per 8 game poker rules, begin with lower stakes, be aware of your relative strengths and weaknesses in each of the eight disciplines. Try to maintain logs on what you understand from each game and resist fancy play syndrome in your finest game.
8-Game Mix Poker is a really enjoyable game in which six players sit at a table and play poker alternating between various poker disciplines in a fixed amount of time (almost every 20 minutes).
And if you want to make the most money in this game, play against lousy poker players who don't even understand the basic 8 game poker rules. If you are interested in the 8 Mixed Game Poker, you can try a myriad of online poker gaming apps to play with friends for super fun.