What are the rules of Texas Hold'em?
Please view our Texas Hold'em page.
What are the rules of Pot Limit Omaha?
Please view our Pot Limit Omaha page
Can I start playing poker on Pokerbaazi now?
To start playing right away on the Internet browser click on the INSTANT PLAY button in the website or Download our free poker software.
I am faced with a difficult decision in a poker hand, do I get additional time?
If a player doesn't act in his given time period then some additional time will be given to the player to act. After every 50 hands, some additional time is added to the player's time bank. If the additional time is 0 and the player does not act on his turn, then the player will be automatically folded.
How does Auto-Muck work?
- If the auto-muck check box is selected then the showdown rules at river are:-
- The player who took the last aggressive action in the hand will show his hand first. If the aggressive player is the winner then the other player/players in the hand can muck their hand. If the aggressive player losses the hand then the aggressive player's hand will be shown first and then the winner's hand is shown.
- If everybody has checked on the river, then the first active player to the left of the dealer will show the hand to the table first. If the next active player has a better hand than the previous player, then he/she needs to show the hand to the table or else if they are losing (with reference to the all previous players) the hand will be automatically mucked and this sequence will continue for all players.
- Example:- For a 6 player table, 6 players (all have selected the auto-muck check box) have checked on the river and the 3rd player (player next to BB) has the second best hand and player on the button has the best hand. The actions that will follow at showdown are:-
- First player will show the hole cards to the table
- Second player will muck the hand
- Third player will show the hole cards to the table
- Fourth player will muck the hand
- Fifth player will muck the hand
- Sixth player will show the hole cards to the table as this player is the winner
What is straddle? How does it work?
- Straddle is a forced blind, double the big blind amount and is always put before the cards are dealt. It's allows you to act last in that round where players wanting to enter have to at least call your blind raise, giving you the option to raise your blind raise, re-raise a raiser, check, or fold.
- The straddle will work in the following conditions:-
- Straddle will only be enabled if the straddle check box is checked before the hand
- Straddle will only have an impact on the game pre-flop. Pre-flop, the minimum call amount is the straddle amount if the straddle check box is enabled. After the flop opens, the minimum bet amount will be the big blind amount.
- Straddle cannot be done on the dealer button. So straddle can only be posted if 4 or more players are involved in a hand.
How do I know that the shuffle is fair?
- A random shuffle is a fair shuffle. The "shuffling" is actually a carefully-designed computer algorithm performed by our poker server. We have taken a number of measures and external audit to make sure the shuffle is fair.
- It's difficult to implement an RNG that is random enough for use in shuffling a deck of cards. We have implemented a good RNG using the most popular algorithm called Mersenne Twister ( You can view the details of this algorithm in Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mersenne_twister )
- RNG used in Pokerbaazi.com has been audited by BMM Test labs a leading global agency and one of the longest established and most experienced private independent gaming certification lab in the world.
What happens if I am disconnected in the middle of a hand?
- It is possible to get disconnected from the game due to unavoidable reasons and its player's responsibility to have good internet connections between player computer and our servers.
- In order to protect player's game play we at Pokerbaazi have a disconnection timeout that gets activated and a status message displayed as "disconnected" on players seat.
- Once the player is reconnected the player will receive some additional time to act on his / her turn if the timer was already running. If player does not act within the allotted time after connecting to the game, the hand will be folded.
- There is no extra time provided in tournaments and cards will be dealt to disconnected players blind and/or antes will be posted as well.
- There is no rule against a single player choosing to sit out in a tournament; the player doing so will continue to have blinds and antes posted and cards will be dealt.
What happens if the system crashes in the middle of a game?
In such a scenario the system will rollback the last hand of the player and the chips will be refunded to the amount at the beginning of the hand.
Does the poker software allow me to muck the winning poker hand?
No, it doesn't. If you play your hand to the showdown and you hold the winning hand, it will always automatically be shown. This feature protects you from accidentally mucking a winner.
How do I earn VIP points? What are their benefits?
VIP points are awarded to the player by their contribution to the website in the form of rake in cash games, entry fees in tournaments and Sit & Go's. By accumulating VIP points, a player can move towards higher VIP levels. As you move up the VIP ladder, the website rewards you with bigger cash rewards. Please view our VIP Page.
What is NOTES in the chat window?
This feature enables the players to write notes about other players. These notes are stored and can be viewed in the future. Once a note for a specific player is made, 'N' appears under the player's avatar. Notes for Texas Hold'em and Omaha are stored separately.
How do we get on the Leaderboard?
Leaderboard is a real-time skill calculator that takes into count every tournament that you play. Leaderboard is updated once everyday at 7am.
Leaderboard Points are calculated by the following formula: (Please Note: Only Top 15% finishers in a tournament get leaderboard points)
Leaderboard Points = 10 * (√r/√p) * [1+log(x+0.25)]
r is the number of registrations
p is the rank in tournament
x is the buy-in amount in Real Cash Chips(excluding entry fee)
For FreeRolls the buy-in is 0 Real Cash Chips, and for VIP tournaments 1 VIP Point is counted as 0.617.
Example 1: A player finishes in 2nd place in a 100+10 Real Cash Chips tournament with a total registrations of 70 players. Here:
r = 70, p = 2, x = 100
= 10 * (√r/√p) * [1+log(x+0.25)]
= 10 * (√70/√2) * [1+log(100+0.25)]
= 10 * 5.916 * 3.001
Example 2: A player finishes in 10th place in a FreeRoll tournament with a total registrations of 150 players. Here:
r = 150, p = 10, x = 0
= 10 * (√r/√p) * [1+log(x+0.25)]
= 10 * (√150/√10) * [1+log(0+0.25)]
= 10 * 3.873 * 0.398
Example 3: A player finishes in 15th place in a 5000 VIP Points tournament with a total registrations of 100 players. Here:
r = 100, p = 15, x = 5000 * 0.617 = 3085
= 10 * (√r/√p) * [1+log(x+0.25)]
= 10 * (√100/√15) * [1+log(3085+0.25)]
= 10 * 2.583 * 4.490
Are there any rewards for the Leaderboard?
There are exciting goodies for the top ranking players on the Leaderboard. The top 25 players get to play an exclusive INR 40K tournament every last Sunday of the month.