Best Poker Hands Order Online
When you learn how to play poker, players have to form their best five-card combination called poker hands as per the rules of the poker game. During a showdown, each five-card combination has a rank and the ranks of the players in the hand are compared to determine the best poker hand.
Though the rules of poker combinations vary according to the poker tournament variant, the highest poker hand ranking always wins. Poker hands order is determined by the pattern formed by the cards. If the patterns formed are the same, then the poker rankings determine the winner. Individual cards in the poker hands chart are ranked highest to lowest: A, K, Q, J, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3 and 2.
In poker hierarchy , suits are not ranked, so poker combinations that differ by suit alone are of equal rank. The winning poker hands to play fall into nine categories using a standard deck of 52 cards . A player can form 2,598,960 distinct poker hands since the order in which they are dealt with are inconsequential. Since the suits are of equal rank, a player can form 7462 distinct Texas Hold’em poker hands.
Poker Hands Order Explained from Highest to Lowest
|Poker Hands Order||Hand Examples||Explained|
|Royal Flush||A♥ K♥ Q♥ J♥ 10♥||Only A♥ K♥ Q♥ J♥ 10♥ all should be of the same suit.|
|Straight Flush||Q♥ J♥ 10♥ 9♥ 8♥||Straight Flush poker combinations are made up of five cards in sequential order and of the same suit any one from(♣ Club,♦ Diamond,♥ Heart,♠ Spade). It is the highest hand in poker.|
|Four of a kind||3♣ 3♠ 3♦ 3♥ 8♥||our of a kind is four poker cards of the same poker card rank. If two players have a four of a kind, the hand with the highest-ranking as per poker rankings wins. If two players have the same four of a kind, the player with the highest kicker card wins. A four of a kind beats a full house.|
|Full House||Q♦ Q♠ Q♣ 2♣ 2♦||A Full house consists of a set of one rank and a pair of another rank. If two players have a full house, the player with the highest set as poker card rank wins. If the triplet is the same, the player with the highest pair wins as per poker rankings. A full house beats a flush.|
|Flush||5♦ J♦ 3♦ K♦ 4♦||A Flush is a Texas Hold’em poker hand where all five cards are of the same suit. It does not need to be in sequential order. A Flush is ranked first by the highest card and then by the second highest card. A flush beats a straight.|
|Straight||5♣ 4♠ 3♠ 2♥ A♦||A Straight is a Texas Hold’em poker hand that contains five cards in sequential order but are not of the same suit. If two players have a straight, the player with the highest-ranking card as per poker hands chart wins. A Straight Poker beats a Three of a kind.|
|Three of a kind or set||8♦ 8♠ 8♣ K♠ A♠||A Three of a kind is a Texas Hold’em poker hand consisting of three poker cards of the same rank. If two players have a three of a kind, the player with the highest-ranking three of a kind wins. A three of a kind beats a two pair.|
|Two Pair||9♠ 9♥ 5♦ 5♥ A♠||A Two pair is a Texas Hold’em poker hand consisting of two cards of one rank and two poker cards of another rank. If two players have a two-pair, the player with the highest-ranking pairs as per poker hand rankings wins. If both pairs are the same, the winner of the hand is determined by the kicker. A two pair beats one pair.|
|One Pair||6♦ 6♥ 2♥ 5♠ K♣||One pair is a Texas Hold’em poker hand that contains two cards of the same rank. If both players have one pair, the player with the highest-ranking pair as per poker card rank wins. If both pairs are the same, the player with the highest-ranking kicker wins. One pair only beats a high card.|
|High Card||Q♠ 5♣ 4♦ 3♦ 2♣||A High card is a Texas Hold’em poker hand when your hole poker cards haven’t formed any of the above winning poker hands . In this case, your hand will be determined by the single highest-ranking card as per poker hands chart. This is the closest Texas Hold’em poker hand.|
What About Poker Hands Suits?
A deck of poker cards is split into four suits in the poker hands chart:
All suits carry the same value as per the poker hands chart.
Top Poker Hands To Play
The key to playing poker online is knowing the Texas Hold’em rankings and learning how to play
these best poker hands and poker combinations.
1. Pocket Aces - Every poker player knows the power of these poker hands ranking. Pocket aces are also the strongest starting hand in poker cards hand order. They make the best poker hands pre-flop and the odds are 4:1 favourite over any other poker hand. One in every 221 winning poker hands is a pocket ace and if you're a serial grinder, you should know how to play this best poker hand.
Also known as Pocket Rockets, Two Pips.
2. Pocket Kings - Pocket Kings poker cards are a favourite against any poker combination (except aces). This Texas Hold’em poker hand is winning two-thirds of the time against Ace high and therefore ranks just below pocket aces in poker rankings order in real money poker games.
Also known as Cowboys, King Kong, Ace Magnets.
3. Pocket Queens - One of the best poker hands to play poker strongly pre-flop. You should be raising or re-raising from any position with these Ladies. This Texas Hold’em poker hand is likely to be called by plenty of opponents with not the best poker hands.
Also known as Ladies.
4. Ace-King Suited - This is one of those Texas Hold’em poker hands easy to fall in love with. While pre-flop, it remains a great hand beating post pocket pairs (except kings and aces). However, it’s important to realize that if you don’t connect with the flop, then you only have ace-high poker combinations.
Also known as Big Slick, Anna Kournikova, Big Ugly.
5. Pocket Jacks - This is one of the best poker hands against any unpaired hand and strong pre-flop over any weaker waits. A great Texas Hold’em poker hand to play in late position with an unraised pot, but be wary of the early position raises.
Other Nicknames: Brothers, Suckers.
6. Pocket Tens - Pocket tens are a strong starting hand in pokeras per poker rankings. This Texas Hold’em poker hand will still win against overcards most times and is good enough not hitting a third on the flop. If the pot has witnessed a lot of action before you, it’s an easy fold with this Texas Hold’em poker cards ranking.
Also known as Dimes, TNT, Dynamite.
7. Ace-Queen Suited - This is a Texas Hold’em poker hand that ranks high in poker order due to its relative strength compared to other starting winning poker hands. It’s a tricky hand to play and might require you to fold even after hitting a pair on the flop. If you miss the flop with this poker hand, it’s best to fold and stay out of trouble.
Also known as Little Slick, Antony & Cleopatra, Mrs Slick, Rocket Queen.
8. Ace-King Offsuit - This is the best starting poker hand to be calling in position pre-flop to keep the pot small and also get paid if you pair one of the two hole cards. It’s not as strong as its suited counterpart and you have to keep in mind that you’ve reduced your chances of hitting a flush, however, it’s still 40% favourite.
9. Ace-Jack Suited - The potential of this hand like an AK or AQ suited are the odds of hitting a royal flush. However, this Texas Hold’em poker hand needs to be played wisely especially when you have a player raising in early position. An AK or AQ will have you beat and it’s wise to not fall in love with your AJ suited poker combinations.
Also known as Hijack, Jackass, Apple Jacks.
10. King-Queen Suited - King-queen suited is one of the great Texas Hold’em poker hands that is known to flop well. It opens up a large number of straights and flushes, and the odds of hitting a high pair making it one of the best poker hands to play.
Also known as Marriage.
Poker Hands FAQs
The best poker hands among all is the Royal Flush as per standard poker rankings. This is formed by the Ten, Jack, Queen, King and Ace of the same suit.
The worst starting hand in Texas Hold’em poker hands is 3-2 offsuit. Often 7-2 is also referred to as one of the worst poker combinations since it has less straight potential than a 3-2, despite having higher pot equity.
In most variants of poker, it is necessary to use exactly five cards to make a hand. In texas Holdem poker you have to use any of your hole cards in combination with any of your community cards to form the best five-card poker hand. In Pot Limit Omaha poker you have to use two out of the four hole cards in combination with any of the five community cards to make the best five-card poker hand.